“Amazing food, great service, fantastic little gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Kohinoor of Kerala

Kohinoor of Kerala
Ranked #6 of 846 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Business meetings, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing food, great service, fantastic little gem”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Finding the restaurant through trip advisor, I was convinced by the great reviews the restaurant had received. Everything commented was more ygm true, I was amazed by the quality of food and service was very personal and combined with the deceiving location, tour definitely left astounded. A must visit, my bill for 2 came to £30... I would've paid £60

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Davidomonya1

• Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Delicious and great service”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I visited Kohinoor of Kerala at the end of September with two friends and was surprised how busy this small restaurant in Portswood was, so very pleased that I booked in advance.

On arrival we were taken to our seats and told that the food is cooked freshly and therefore there could be a slight waiting time. This was fine as I don't like being rushed during my dining experience.

The menu was extensive and had lots of different cuisine including seafood dishes which very much appealed to me. However, I eventually chose a Chicken Bhuna which was delicious. One of my friends ordered the mixed grill and she said it was very good too.

Full marks on service and food for this restaurant and top marks to the manager who at the end of the evening remembered my name when I thanked them for such a great evening !

Will definitely go back here and try some more of their menu!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Charli_32
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“How Lucky were we”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Like the title of the review says, my wife and I just happened to come across this restaurant the Friday before boarding our cruise the following day.The food in this restaurant cannot be praised highly enough. It is the best Indian meal I have ever had.

• Visited August 2013
“Best in Southampton”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

By far the best Indian Restaurant in Southampton. Service is great and staff are really friendly. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone, it is quite compact inside so I advise you to book in advanceto avoid disappointment.

Visited September 2013
“Superb Indian food”
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

I have visited this restaurant regularly and the food has always been of a very high standard. The choice of menu is excellent and far more interesting than your standard Indian restaurant. The service is always friendly and helpfull. Booking is recommend, as this restaurant has deservedly becomes very popular place to eat.

Visited September 2013