“Best indian food around this place.”
Review of Kohinoor of Kerala

Kohinoor of Kerala
Ranked #6 of 854 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Best indian food around this place.”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My first visit to this place was like an year back. when i moved to southampton i tried a lot of indian restaurants but most of them were fake ones or lacked authenticity in the taste. My friend then took me to this place and ever since i am hooked to it. Amazing taste, very good ambience, very friendly people and importantly worth every penny you pay for it. being an indian i can guarantee the foods taste the way the it should and its clean doubled up with excellent service. I would recommend this place 10 out of 10 times :)

• Hungarian first
  • Polish first
“incredible food!”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Amazing service, beautiful freshly cooked food, and friendly staff....what could be better? The best indian food i have ever tasted!!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank CurryMuncher93
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Best Indian I have ever visited”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

It's a big claim, I know!
The food was truly spectacular. Similarly priced to most other 'Indians' you can tell the food was prepared from fresh ingredients, rather than that same old creamy flavourless chicken dishes other restaurants dish out. I shared a few of my friends' chicken dishes and they were varied and delicious.
The best thing I tried was the Kerala Parata, which is a small Indian fried flatbread. It was sublime.
The staff were all friendly and helpful.
Great food, great service, reasonably priced and I will definitely return.

1 Thank Thomas N
Abraham O, Owner at Kohinoor of Kerala, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Thank you for your comments.We hope to see you soon again.Thank you for choosing Kohinoor of Kerala.
“Fantastic”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I keep coming back to this place as, for me, its the best and most authentic in Southampton. The food is great and the staff warm and welcoming - All of them!

O.K. There is a review saying that people are not critical enough here. So - if you want your food in a rush, sorry, but as everything including the sauces are cooked fresh to order, this may not be the place for you. If you don't want the personal touch, sorry, but you will be greeted with a smile and a warm greeting and as you leave, a warm hand-shake! If you want bland food, sorry, but the spices and flavours here are to "die for"!

For me, this is the place I will continue to dine at. They do not rush me like some places and they make me feel special.

This is my HONEST opinion.

• Visited May 2013
“Delicious food, great service and good value for money”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I'm visiting Southampton for a few day whilst on a course and my friends and I were looking for a place to eat and saw the great reviews on Tripadvisor and decided to give the Kohinoor of Kerala a try. The food was fabulous and so was the service. The place was very busy, but our food came promptly and we all thoroughly enjoyed our meal.
The most recent post was very negative about the place, suggesting that the previous reviews were fake, but judging by today's meal I believe that all the reviews preceding that of Steve T are genuine.
If ever I come back to Southampton I will be heading back for a meal at Kohinoor of Kerala.

1 Thank RoniLDN