“A Great Little Place for Lunch”
Review of La Tavernetta

La Tavernetta
Ranked #15 of 870 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I stumbled upon this place as my boyfriend and I were looking for somewhere to have lunch. As soon as we entered we noticed the atmosphere was welcoming and so peaceful.
The staff were lovely and very friendly, despite the accent barrier. They had a good sense of humour and were patient as we ordered.
The food itself was exquisite. Both of us ordered pizzas, and they were near-perfection. The bases were soft and fluffy, but not too thick, and they gave the pizza a lot of flavour.
I'd definitely return here!

There are newer reviews for La Tavernetta

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Ate here after driving down from Wales to take teenage son and friend to a gig at the Guildhall.
Very nice atmosphere; background music, good lighting, attentive staff made for an overall pleasant evening. Ordered whitebait and olives to start, very generous portions however my whitebait was very chewy and didn't really taste of anything. Mains were delicious and good value for mony. They did come before our starter plates had even been cleared away so felt rushed at this point and not really ready to carry on eating. After mains we did ask if we could wait before ordering dessert and we sat and just chilled for a while. Dessert was average. Overall a nice evening, very attentive staff in pleasant surroundings with a value for money meal. Total cost for 3 course meal for two with drinks £50

Reviewed January 30, 2014

We were looking for a restaurant close to the guildhall for a quick bite before a gig at the Guildhall. I had read a few reviews so decided to give it a try... And very pleased that I did.

The ambiance was lovely and the staff were very friendly. We had calamari and antipasti to share between four to start... Gorgeous and very generous portions. Between us we ordered the special tagliatelle with mushrooms and beef, the burger, pizza and tomato, avocado and mozzarella salad. It was all delicious and reasonably priced.

We well def return... Location wise it is literally 2 min walk from the guildhall.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Stumbled upon this place in Sothampton adn managed to get a table no problem. Sevice was slightly slow but I think they may have been under staffed but the food was delicious and priced correctly. We were sat at first near to the door and there was quite a draught so we asked to be moved - they did this with no problem and we didnt feel like we were putting them to any trouble.
Wine list was very reasonably priced and if I was in Southampton again I would definitly go back.

Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Just come away after a mid afternoon at la tavernetta. We went for a 30th birthday with 17 including 8 children. The staff were so attentive and the food was fantastic... Couldn't fault it! Thank you for making my little sisters 30th birthday so very special! We will be back!