“Excellent Mezze”

Blue Island
Ranked #2 of 897 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Traditional English and Greek food. Breakfast, lunch, Thursday Friday and Saturday nights from 18:00 till 22:00 traditional Greek food (mezedes)
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great food, good value, friendly staff and even an alternative vegetarian option that wasnt on the menu

Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

After reading all of the positive reviews on here we decided to try Blue Island. I am very glad we did as the food was delicious and plentiful and the service very welcoming! I would strongly recommend this restaurant and We will definitely be returning!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

this was a great place, i acctualy live quite local to but have never tried thought i would and i wasnt disapointed really tasty food at a great price friendly staff overall good expirience

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We were a group of ten middle aged locals who had heard about the café and its Greek food. Booking was easily done in person. Could do by phone, don't think you could by the web, which is something they could work on? It was also a bit cold when we first arrived, but the place soon warmed up. Anyway, the meze was amazing! There were at least 12 very tasty courses - from salads to dips, from smoked ham to garlic mushrooms, from prawns to calamari, from meat balls to halloumi, from pork kebabs to roast lamb. There was simply too much to eat! We asked for and were given doggy bags.

It is a café and the layout and décor reflects that classification. However, it is quite homely, and the staff and chef were very friendly. The service was prompt and attentive. All in all, I would strongly recommend this restaurant for a visit, as a group as well as a couple.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I recently organised my friend's 'Hen do' and she requested a meal here. I do not know Southampton and had not eaten here before, although my friend had a liked it. I phoned and spoke to the very friendly staff, who were accommodating to the Veggie and 'gluten free' members of group. We has a lovely meal, the service was great - the food in the Meze just kept coming! We spent a great evening here and all our group enjoyed the meal. Thanks for everything Christina and your team.

1  Thank skippyjo