“Best Greek Restaurant in Southampton”
Review of Blue Island

Blue Island
Ranked #11 of 860 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Traditional English and Greek food. Breakfast, lunch, Thursday Friday and Saturday nights from 18:00 till 22:00 traditional Greek food (mezedes)
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Best Greek Restaurant in Southampton”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Excellent service and food at a very reasonable price... really nice atmosphere... definitely worth a visit to try some tasty Greek food.

• Greek first
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Wow- just great! Amazing, amazing, amazing :)”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Wow. This place was brilliant. We went as a group of 4 (me, my partner and his sister and her husband) and we had a great time! We read good reviews and had the place recommended by a friend so decided to try it. We went for the Meze option (we got it for 3 people, was plenty of food for the 4 of us!) It was amazing. All of it was truly lovely. Very simple food cooked very well. I liked all of it but my favourite dishes were the meatballs, the grilled halloumi and the chicken slouvaki. However, every dish was lovely.

Ok, so the restaurant may not be posh looking but who cares? We went for the food and the atmosphere which were both great. The toilets were perfectly clean (if a bit tatty, but again who cares? They were cleaner than many places I've been to)

Our waitress was lovely- don't recall her name- she was a great waitress and provided faultless service.

The dessert was a nice touch as was our drink on the house!! None of the 4 of us had a single complaint at all and we would all recommend this restaurant to our friends.

Give this place a go definitely- really good food, lovely atmosphere and very friendly staff and owners. The price was also fantastic for the quality (and quantity) of the food and service.

“aMEZing :)”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Well no more to say other then lovely food, lovely atmosphere and lovely evening. Perfect. Real authentic Greek food at its best. Definitely better then others I have visited in Southampton. Would strongly recommend it to anyone wanting a lovely meal.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing!”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Tucked away at the top of Southampton's high street this place is a gem of a find. Recommended to me by a friend- and I'm glad they did. Do not let the appearance fool you- the best things come in small packages! We where advised to book and I'm glad we did as it was surprisingly busy.
The service was warm and friendly and I loved the way you could see the open kitchen.
A lovely waitress and chef/owner. We had the meze and it was amazing! So many brilliant foods- it was just like being in a small Greek restaurant.
I will definately be returning, and soon!
It is very rare that I feel the need to come home and write a review straight away but this little place is worth it.
Fab value for money and a great atmosphere- so friendly that even the Greek way of life was rubbing off on the stiff upper lip of the British customers as people were actually talking to each other across tables!
Loved it and will be returning!

1 Thank Misskh30
Reading
“The best Meze north of Petrota”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

The Meze was absolutely the most authentic we've had outside of Greek speaking countries - nothing else has come even close in the UK. Most impressive were the meat and sausage dishes - incredibly tender, the meat just fell apart in your mouth and yet retained full flavours. Very quick to say yes to replacing standard items in the Meze when we were ordering, the chef even came out to ask our preferences. Our server created a welcoming and happy atmosphere; as these two were the only staff.this added to the small family run feel. Not the best maintained premises but, for us, that just added to the authenticity, and this was easily forgiven as the food was sooooo good. My wife and I had a peaceful and most enjoyable evening.

1 Thank TASJF