“good location”

Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Southampton
chester
“good location”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

rooms good and functional for overnight stay and close by the cruise terminal and close to shops and bars
very good value for money breakfast ok variety good but too small for size of hotel manager agreed
will use again when travelling from southampton again

Room Tip: high room was quiet but be prepared for long haul due to layout of hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChesterZoony
CBB99, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Guest

We thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experiences online.

We are pleased to note your enjoyment of our accommodation and our close proximity to the cruise terminal and local restaurants and bars.

We are delighted that you intend to use our hotel as your base when next travelling to the Southampton area, and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future

Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Thai first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is our second stay at this hotel, and it really is good value for money for a short stay. The rooms and bathrooms are modern and functional with all the facilities needed for comfort, and they are exceptionally clean. (impressively so!) The hotel was full on our second night with many families with young children and we were very impressed with the quality of sound insulation - the rooms were surprisingly quiet. Reception is quick and efficient, and so are the restaurant staff. The included breakfast is self service, but is very varied, and is well cooked using good quality produce. There is a large car park that seems to accommodate everyone. We will happily use this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Second stay at this hotel - We are gold elite holiday inn members and this stay didnt disappoint - nice rooms - friendly staff - ample parking
-breakfast is the usual good standard

We will be back soon I'm sure :-)

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MrStevens000
Dear Highly Valued Repeat Guest

We really appreciate your repeat custom and your recognition of our high standards, comfortable accommodation, wonderful friendly staff and excellent breakfast offering .

We hope you had a lovely cruise and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel when you are next in the area. Hopefully next time we will earn 5 stars in your review .

Best wishes
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Ideally located for a business trip to Southampton, Portsmouth or Fareham in my opinion. I found the reception and restaurant staff very polite and friendly and the dinner menu was varied.....the free breakfast was one of the tastiest I've had for a long time. The room was clean and serviceable, and although the towels weren't the fluffiest they were more than adequate. I had opted for the fast wifi option on booking the room and this was worthwhile to be able to use my laptop in the room. I would definitely consider staying here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Essex
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently on a business trip with a colleague and was really impressed, not only with the hotel generally but with the excellent customer service I personally received as I checked out the next day and realised as soon as I got back to London that I had left behind in the room my overnight bag.

I telephoned the hotel immediately who informed me that my bag had been found by housekeeping and I made arrangements with them for it to be returned to me using Royal Mail parcel post. This they did most promptly and I safely received it with contents intact.

They restored my faith in the human race and I would most definitely stay there again. I should add that the room was most comfortable and clean, and the breakfast good.

Room Tip: I would choose the ground floor as it is closer to reception and the dining hall.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Chorleywood, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Two nights spent in this new HIE hotel. Good staff, good and spacious rooms. Loads of parking. Everything clean, decent bar.

Minor bugs:
1. The hotel twice refused my credit card which apart from being mildly embarrassing and irritating, was incorrect on the hotels part. I even phoned the CC provider fir them to confirm that the hotel had requested the payment in an 'incorrect way'. Working in banking and IT, HI needs to do a bit more testing and get this right.
2. My meal on the second night was truly dreadful. I was starving having been working for 14 hours without a break. The Thai Green curry was truly tasteless. So much so that I ate less than a third despite my hunger.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Please accept our apologies that your Thai curry did not meet your expectations. Unfortunately you did not mention anything at all during your stay or we would have gladly prepared an alternate dish for you. All our meals are freshly prepared to order and as a result of your feedback we have arranged for further training to be provided to the team on duty on the evening of your stay.

Kindly note that it is our published policy to pre authorise all credit cards for the full cost of the stay prior to arrival and a further £ 50 at time of check in. We appreciate that in a few occasions the merchant services systems may not work properly and we apologise that this appears to have been the case during your stay. As you will appreciate we do require these pre authorisations to be taken to ensure that guests have the funds in their accounts to settle their bills on departure and we are merely complying with merchant services rules in this regard.

We thank you very much for your recognition of the efforts of our team, the high standards of cleanliness and the comfort within our rooms.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and to ensure that we get everything perfect for you on your next stay

Kind regards
ipswich
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We used this hotel on a recent visit to Southampton for a quick stop over with our children, family room was booked and we arrived late that evening and walked into a nice large bedroom with main bed and sofa bed set up for the kids, only issue is they had to to share which if they were a little older may have been a problem, but not a major issue.

Room was clean, warm and breakfast was great the next morning, all in all a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Powerscape
CBB99, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear Highly Valued Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive feedback following your family visit to our hotel.

We are delighted you found our large family room to your satisfaction and that you particularly enjoyed the standards of cleanliness and your breakfast the following morning . We recommend in future if your children prefer separate beds to a shared sofabed, you may perhaps consider one of our interconnecting pairs of rooms so your children can enjoy their own room with separate single beds, whilst at the same time providing you with some privacy within your own room.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to our hotel