“Would have been higher score but for...”

Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Southampton
Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is quite a nice hotel. The staff were very friendly, it is clean, in a nice location and the evening meal we had was very nice. But then we had some problems which has reduced the score I have given.

We booked a family room, luckily one of my sons was not able to come with us as they supplied a small sofa bed with one pillow which two teenagers could never share.

The room smelled strongly of cigarettes, I reported this to reception and a lady came and witnessed the smell (so we didn't get charged) but did not offer us another room. I thought it would be ok but the smell was in everything, sheets etc and it really bothered me.

At 4am I was woken by a very strange noise which sounded like someone cleaning the windows outside. It lasted for around 10 minutes and woke all of us up. My husband thinks it was coming from the room next door so we think it could have been a squeaky bed but whatever it was it was loud and I didn't manage to get back to sleep.

I quite enjoyed breakfast although the scrambled egg and deep fried sausages didn't look very appetizing. I opted for beans on toast and a croissant. There was also fruit, cereal, a selection of yoghurts, rolls, cheese, pastries, juice and a hot drink machine.

Room Tip: Complain if your room smells of smoke and if there are four of you double check what beds you are ge...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Jayne_Miles,

Thank you for your review and enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst I am pleased with the good comment, we truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. Please accept my apology for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay. We are continually reviewing the products and service we provide, therefore guest feedback is very important to us.

Again, I wish to thank you for your input and hope to see you the next time you travel to our area.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7

Reviewed May 18, 2013

A terrible bed and the breakfast was almost in edible the staff apologised when I paid the bill even though I made no mention of my dissatisfaction .Have stopped in several Holiday inns in the past and they have always been fine.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Julian C
CBB99, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay

We apologise that you did not find the complimentary breakfast to your satisfaction and have provided your feedback to the head chef to ensure that further training is provided to the brigade in an effort to improve the standard of the offering further.

Kind regards

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Ok, so it's relatively inexpensive, but this is more somewhere to stay when on the move than a destination in itself. The room was fine, the staff were decent, breakfast was very disappointing. There was nothing really wrong with the place apart from the breakfast (cheap sausages, tasteless eggs), but nothing to really write home about either.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Damian K
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear GyorsAngol,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your room and the majority of features provided. However, I am sorry that the breakfast served during your travel did not live up to your expectations. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Two of us stayed for just one night on the way to our 2 week cruise around the med,we could not have been more pleased with the standard of the hotel and the way we were treated by the staff.
the room was very comfortable,clean and quiet.
the breakfast was good with a good choice of food for all types .
well done holiday inn !!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mickwitt55
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed here the day before our cruise and the day we got back - we were pleasantly pleased, the staff were helpful. Our room was clean and welcoming. We ate in the restaurant it was nothing exciting but was tasty and fairly priced. We would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Trouble free stay - it was the second Holiday Inn Express for me in a week so there were similarities. The room was cosy but clean. Standard bathroom layout. Breakfast was also the same as before - selection of cold and some hot items. For the price I paid I reckon good value for money.

Room Tip: I had a quiet stay facing the cricket ground and car park on floor 3
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 10, 2013

The staff at this hotel was one of best I had the pleasure of dealing with, they were polite, helpful and proffessional. The hotel was nice and the breakfast that was complimentary was very good. The location was a little out of the way and increased our expenses using the taxi service. It was offset by the staff and the service we recieved from the time we got there until we left..

Room Tip: We were on the first floor and it was very nice and quiet. We had connecting room with my sister wh...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family