“No bacon at the weekend?”

Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Southampton
Reviewed December 3, 2012

CONS
Having just read the comment by Brian P I now understand why we couldn't find a parking space. There should be at least 1 space for each room, and letting absentee parking may make money, it meant I had to park outside the hotel grounds!
This is the first hotel I've stayed in that says bacon is only for weekdays! Meant that hot breakfast for a bean and sausage hater was very limited.
Lovely cleaners, but when they left the window open all day ( even though I opened it before breakfast to freshen the room and shut it after breakfast), on return about 8pm, the room was like an icebox for quite a while till the heater got going. We had to go down to the bar. Do I detect a cunning sales plan?
PROS
They had sorted out the lack of towels from our previous visit.
They promptly gave us more than one key when asked.
The welcome was much warmer than on previous occasions.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from any dogs. When you get a rowdy party going to bed in the early hours, a barkin...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank J B

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Had just an overnight stay prior to a cruise and was well pleased with both the evening meal and bedroom. I was also able to park my car for the 12days of the cruise for just £5 per night. This I consider was excellent value for money and would recommend to anyone thinking of staying overnight in Southampton whether taking a cruise or just visiting Southampton.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Brian P
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I last stayed at this Holiday Inn Express 3 weeks ago. I try to stay here whenever I pass through Southampton as I find the rooms modern, clean and comfortable. I find the staff to be very efficient and courteous and no request too problematic for them to deal with and, most importantly for us, the hotel mostly seems to have a sense of calm about it (when pepper pig is not in town I should add). I have stayed both in the Express and a full Holiday Inn and have to admit to enjoying the Express at Botley more than the full Holiday Inn. True you do not have table service and have to order food at the bar in an Express, but that is purely because Express Inns are not allowed to offer this service I believe, but overall, I have found them to offer a more personalised service.

My only reservation is food pricing. Although I find the food quality to be quite high, so is the cost. However, that said, you would have to go a long way to beat the breakfasts on offer at Botley. The choice is large and varied with no limit on what you can eat; quality is excellent, and the best part of it is that it is included in the room price, something not many hotels (if any) to my knowledge, offer.

All in all I would say that the Holiday Inn Express at Botley is pretty hard to beat.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I booked a triple for one night on bookings.com,room included breakfast.
I was expecting a continental breakfast and was pleasently surprised by the full breakfast including eggs,bacon,sausages etc.
Hotel is new and clean however avoid using the pull out bed as it was hard and lumpy.At the price I got the room I might have been better off booing a double and a single.I will stay here on my next trip for sure.

Room Tip: Avoid the pull out bed,you may be better off paying for a single room to get a decent nights sleep.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed one night in November with my husband.

I've stayed before but this time it was a joint venture.

Friendly checkin from reception staff. Room allocated was bright and sunny. All very clean.
We did find the bed a bit uncomfortable as has been commented on before by others. It seemed like a small double to us but we are used to kingsize.

Breakfast was fine. Buffet style and help yourself service which we thought was perfectly adequate.

We didn't have any issues with parking and it was a Friday night.

We would stay again.

Room Tip: We had room 110 which overlooked the car park on the 1st floor but we didn't experience any exce...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for one night,as we were going on a cruise.After a horrendous journey from the northeast we were given a great welcome by the young woman on reception.When we got to our room it was warm and inviting,the beds were comfortable,the bathroom clean and shower red hot.The breakfast was basic but nice[what more you would want is beyond me for the price we paid]when we were leaving again a very nice young woman said good bye and wished us a great holiday.what i forgot to say is we had a smoking room which is what a lot of other hotels should provide for smokers.

Room Tip: if you smoke see if they have any smokers rooms left,as there is nothing worse when you arrive at a...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
CBB99, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful review following your recent stay at our Holiday Inn Express Soton M27 Jct 7.

We are really delighted you had such a good night's sleep and that you found the welcome of our receptionist and the high standards of cleanliness to your liking.

We do provide a limited number of smoking rooms for our smoking guests by popular demand and we appreciate your positive feedback in this regard.

We hope you had a wonderful cruise and we look forward to welcoming you back when you book your next cruise !

Best wishes

Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here in June whilst looking at houses in the area. Really clean place very friendly staff and easy to get to as we'll. would definitely stay here again. I imagine its great for atmosphere when cricket is on and nice to have in area for friends and family

• Stayed: June 2012

Dear Valued Guest

We are most appreciative of your recognition of our exceptional standards of service, cleanliness and easy access to the M27 Jct 7 . It is always a real pleasure when our efforts are recognised and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future

Kind regards