“BEST STAY EVER!!!”
Review of Wayside Lodge

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Southampton
Wayside Lodge
Christchurch, United Kingdom
“BEST STAY EVER!!!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I stayed at Wayside Lodge in Southampton with my family last week as it was the cheapest and closest bed and breakfeast we could find. I found it to be the most wonderful place. The landlady , Sarah was extremely friendly and made us feel quite at home. We stayed in a family room with a built in bathroom. Every morning we would eat a bowl of cereal, toast , porridge and then Sarah would make a delicious cooked breakfeast. I love the atmosohere in Wayside Lodge. It's a very welcoming place. Yes the place hasn't got all the mod coms but you get what you payed for with added charisma! I feel I got to know Sarah very well and knowing that she has suffered from the death of her husband, it's amazing how she has managed to keep the place running to such a freindly and warm standard.It was an extremely enjoyable stay for my family and I and if we ever come down to Southampton again this is the place to go for a real home from home!!!

Room Tip: I strongly recommend room 7 where we stayed as it has a bathroom and it is a beautiful room and is s...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lily T

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Bournemouth
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed at Wayside lodge last week and found it to be the opposite of the below review. It looks like the B & B has been renovated. We had a family on suite room, the decor was warming, welcome was pleasant and also the breakfast was perfect. I found the landlady Sarah to be very accomodating, had a great incite to the local area and was alwaysasking if we were happy. I'd highly recomend Wayside Lodge to any potential visitors.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mark R
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 11, 2012

This B&B seemed like the sensible option as It was the cheapest in the area at £45 per night for a double room and the closest to the sailing course we were doing.

You can almost forgive the gaffer tape on the stairs holding the carpet together, the terrible 80s pink headboard, shinny pink wallpaper and mismatch of bed sheets in the bedroom by saying that it 'adds character' to the place.

What I can not accept is that it is just down right dirty.

There is one communal shower room (and one additional toilet (without a sink)) between 6 bedrooms. The bathroom had clearly not been cleaned for several weeks, possibly months, as the once white tiles on the wall are now light brown with a layer of grime and had black mould covering the grout.

I asked the landlady when she last cleaned the bathroom and her response was " um, not sure, I think I cleaned it a few days ago"!!!!

The room we had our breakfast in was messy with piles of old boxes and paperwork around the edge of the room. The table was laid with grubby table mats and almost clean cutlery.

There were 4 options of cereal, all of which were practically empty, and my request for a 'Full English Breakfast', was clearly an inconvenience to the landlady. When my pot of tea arrived, it was dusty and there was hair around the spout.

All of this combined with the smell that is reminiscent of somewhere between baked beans and old people as you walk in the door, I would not recommend this place.

The sad thing is that all its needs is a jolly good clean and a lick of paint, to put it in the 'quirky' 'character full' category.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
10 Thank Jo H

Travelers are raving about these Southampton hotels