“Relax”

Santo Lounge
Ranked #90 of 859 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Santo Lounge is an informal, neighbourhood food led cafe/bar open all-day everyday where families, friends, and locals can come for a coffee, a drink, or something to eat in a relaxed comfortable environment.
southampton
“Relax”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

The most unchav cup of coffee on Shirley high street.Meet my friends there sometimes in the day before the school run very relaxing...

Visited February 2013

• Polish first
home
“Looks nice! but that's all.”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This place looks great but i'm afraid that's all the good I can say! I ordered a coffee and was told it would take 10 mins, and that was only a filter coffee, when I had another I was given the same reply. I also had some food, their "lounge breakfast", it was cold when it eventually arrived, my wife ordered poached eggs on toast on eventually got fried eggs, we were told the order said fried so that was that, another 15 mins to wait if we insisted on changing them.

Southampton
“Nice decor, but very disappointing food.”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I went to Santo lounge about six months ago and had a really good meal, but it seems that since then standards have dropped heavily.

The place still looks good and I can't fault the beer. There was also a nice atmosphere in there, but the food was a huge let down. I ordered the impressive sounding Hero Burger. What they don't tell you is that the only hero who could possibly want this burger is Anorexia Man. It was very small and it was accompanied by the smallest portion of chips I have ever been served. Ever.

It's such a shame as there aren't many nice places to eat at in this area of town and when Santo lounge first opened I thought I'd found one.

Southampton, United Kingdom
“A perfect escape”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

The atmosphere in this place is great, busy and cultured. The decor is very 'New York' style and the staff are very friendly. We had to wait a little while for our food but the guy at bar told us this before we ordered, so it was not an issue. When the food arrived, it was well worth the wait. Myself and my boyfriend both had a Hero Hamburger, and it was delicious and a very decent price. The atmosphere makes for a perfect escape from the outside hustle and bustle of Shirley High Street. I would definitely recommend to a friend and will be going there again.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“good food nice staff”
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

I had vegetable and bean burger with spinach leaves and onion marmalade it was beautiful!

I had a Victorian lemonade, soo refreshing!

Excellent service nice people behind the bar, oh and one of the waiters is an actor; he last played a flying monkey!

Pleasant visit will go again......