“No. 1 in my book.”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
“No. 1 in my book.”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

My family and I have been using Bitterne Balti for many years now, and the food there has always been fantastic, even if at one time the decor left a bit to be desired. Over the last 2 or 3 years though, the owner has obviously ploughed much time and effort into ensuring his customers have an all-round great experience, by focussing upon the presentation of the restaurant.

Guaranteed to receive top quality service from start to finish, with food to die for, and all at an extremely reasonable price. What more can be asked for from a local restaurant of any type.

Visited February 2014

“Amazing!!”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Lovely restaurant and food very friendly staff best curry around me and my have a takeaway most weeks

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic small local restaurant”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I have lived in the Bitterne Park area since I was kid and the site where the Bitterne Balti is has always been a restaurant over the years, which have always been very good. The Bitterne Balti is no exception and it is one of my brothers favourites. I hadn't been for a while and went on a date there last night and I had forgotten what a nice little place it is. The food is lovely, the service is extremely good, great friendly staff and good timely service! If you want a nice indian meal out away from town you cant beat the Balti.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Meal”
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

Dinner with friends after a trip to the cinema. We had a wonderful meal, plenty of flavours, plenty of food and excellently prepared. Warm and friendly staff and a great wine selection. I would recommend a visit when you are in the area.

“Superb”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Have had a couple of takeaways from here on recommendation and the food has been lovely, by far the best takeaway, so when a well deserved lads night out came up I couldn't think of a better place to come. I wasn't disappointed, the food is even better in the restaurant. Not really knowing a great deal about curry most of the lads were going to order the usual suspects of chicken tikka masala or for the hotter vindaloo but the very knowledgable and helpful owner suggested, without trying to force like some places I've visited, other dishes that had so much flavour and plenty of meat. A great evening with polite, helpful staff, beautiful draught pint, fantastic food, will be returning and speaking to the owner for more suggestions! Bitterne triangle might not be a place you would think of for a night out but I can promise its well worth a visit, you won't be disappointed and you will be back for more