“best indian meal ive ever had by a meal!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bitterne Balti
Ranked #97 of 840 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Southampton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“best indian meal ive ever had by a meal!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

from start to finish, the restaurant was fantastic atmosphere, the staff was most probably the friendliest ive ever seen in a restaurant, even though it was near enough full capacity! the service was fantastic front of house, the food was rich with flavour and tasted different to ones ive tasted before... this was the first time at the traingle and most certainly not the last!! i most definitely recommend this restaurant!! very decieving due to location! but once your in there you lose track off time because of the enjoyable experience!! thank you!! and the alcohol and food is very fairly pricedd!!!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank nas c

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, friendly staff, excellant service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

This lovely little indian restaurant situated at Bitterne Triangle is a quiet venue for a lovely meal. My husband and I have dined several times here and to be honest I feel comfortable in the knowledge the food will be good, hot and value for money. I'm not that adventurous when it comes to trying various dishes, but going by my normal Chicken Korma, they would be substantial in size and delicious to taste, and they make the best Peswhari naan I've ever tasted.

Visited October 2012
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
“Great local curry house”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

We went a while ago, and found the service slow and the food disappointing, but this was because they were swamped as a result of being #1 on tripadvisor. On a later visit they were much quieter, and the service was good, and the food excellent.

The menu is pretty much a standard curry menu, but it's all really well cooked. The okra was particularly good.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Bitterne Balti Restaurant takeaway”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

We decided to have a takeaway form here as our usual takeaway was closed. We went for this under recommendation and the fact trip advisor gave it such good reviews......

Well what can I say ...... My balti which I asked them to spice up was the most blandest flavour with a disgusting brown colour. My partner had a lamb tikka which was like water in consistency. We also opted for a few starters which wernt too bad. A few side dishes were also ordered chanda masala and orka which both tasted like they were out if a jar !

I can't understand how this was rated as the best takeaway in the Bitterne area?!

Maybe we had a off night?? The one good this was 10% of our bill. Unfortunately we won't be ordering from here again.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Wokingham, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

We have eaten there many times .. Always good food, service everytime ... This is the best I have eaten in .. Nothing is too much trouble.