“CATS show just terrible!!!”
Review of Mayflower Theatre

Mayflower Theatre
Ranked #2 of 129 things to do in Southampton
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

I was very excited and booked the tickets 6 months before. The show was terrible and not what I expected!! Don't bother going to see it, my mother and I walked out half way through!!

3  Thank catherinePorstmouth

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We very much enjoyed Cats here and the seats were comfortable. The bar was good value with friendly service and is a notch above a standard theatre bar. Will be great to see the new front of the theatre after the upcoming work.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Excellent show yesterday. Priscilla Queen of the Desert was an excellent show. great cast and songs.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

ive lived in Southampton for nearly 8 years and this was the first time , I had ever been to the mayflower we went to see Priscilla the show which was good but night was ruined by the house manager, the two women behind us complained as me and two friends were enjoying the show by moving and dancing to the tunes, the woman behind us complained of a blocked view although im a big guy the seats are very small but u have to make the best of it , in the interval we came back to the two women in front of us asking if we could not talk in the next half , to say I was unpleased was a understatement , then she goes out of her seat bringing back the house manager ( gareth [--]) so rather than ask to have a word with us in private or out of the way then in a loud voice told us off in front of anyone listening that these woman had complained wasn't interested in our verson and in the end upgraded both sets of women who by the way were friends to their own private box , he was very unfair and I will never go in this theatre again he ruined our evening and upset my friends

6  Thank Stuartjay
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Loved the show.Cast, costumes and dancing were all brilliant. Lovely theatre too with comfortable seats and plenty of leg room. We thought that Jason Donovan seemed to give a 'tired' performance at times, but he had very good support. We had intended to eat in the Ovation restaurant beforehand, but as the performance began at 5.00, we were told in no uncertain manner that the restaurant was closed! This was a bit of a disappointment. What is the point of advertising pre theatre meals when this was not available for matinees . They must surely realise that people may want to actually eat before an early performance.