“Hairy idiots”

Gosport, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Hairy idiots”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Here's what great friends, great cooks all with a great sense of fun and the ridiculous, thought of the show.

Well. Still in shock. What utter amateurish rubbish by two totally untalented inflated egos.

Still cannot quite believe it , must admit I did try to like it, as I thought I might be odd as I do not watch them on TV. However as hard as I tried I could not warm to them, they reminded me of a pair of dirty old men still trying out school boy toilet humour, what made it totally worse was the fact they were laughing and were creased up at their own stupid jokes that they must perform night after night. How weird is that!

Words fail me

Never mind the gang show is now going to look fabulous, IAs you say inflated egos, and I now think my 75 year old husband look great in his boxers.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A chilly Madam Butterfly!”
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Went to see WNO production of Madam Butterfly with my fiancée. The production was very good and acoustics very good in the stalls. Seats reasonably priced and comfy enough. However, to have to sit through the performance with our coats on in mid March is not good enough! This is not the first time we have had to sit through a performance in a chilly theatre. Come on Mayflower sort the heating out! In the meantime folks wrap up warm!

Southampton, England, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great atmosphere”
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Been here many of times, going back to see rocky horror in may as last time it was amazing. Each time I have been its been a great night so much fun. Definatly value for money. Highly recommented

Romsey Hampshire
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“sleeping beauty ice spectacular”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My family and I went to see sleeping beauty on ice we were sat in row B right at the front,and it was a very beautiful performance, the skating was fantastic and the costumes were beautiful,I am not sure it was for younger children,as our three got bored very easily.
my husband and I enjoyed it thoroughly.
the acrobatics and jumps and the flying was fasntastic to see,every movement was perfect,
definatley a show for adults,our seats were at the very front which was brilliant as we could see everything up close and when the skaters stopped sharply you could see the ice come up out at you.
the seats were very comfortable as well as roomy,
we have seen many productions over the years and it never ceases to amaze us,at the standard of the productions shown.
roll on the next show.

Eastleigh
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Big Theatre Big Performances”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

There are several good live theatres within striking distance of Southampton, from Chicester to Salisbury and closer The Point at Eastleigh and The Nuffield Southampton.
For the Mayflower, we sometimes begin the evening with a meal at the Ovation Restaurant in the Theatre building.
Book a table enjoy a quality meal, good service and your table is still yours at the interval with your coffee and desert, or drinks are waiting. Away from the turmoil and chatter of the circle and stalls bars at half time!
The theatre offers good productions often straight from the West End and the Restaurant is a bonus though other good restaurants serving the Mayflower crowds abound locally.
Parking by the Theatre is possible but the popular choice is the free multi-storey behind the theatre. Good performances demand high prices. We recently paid about £40 each for front circle seats at The English National Ballet's Sleeping Beauty. Add £50 for a meal for two and you have a good night out for less than £200. That's cheaper than cruising and you don't wake up in a foreign country. Whoopee!
Try it