“Mr & Mrs Happy In for a late lunch”
Review of Nick's Restaurant - CLOSED

Nick's Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fresh wholesome tasty food. A wide selection to choose from ranging from grilled chicken, T-bone steak to liver and bacon, Mousaka to pastitsio.
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Staff very friendly and helpful. Food is excellent , best fish and chips anywhere, would recommend to anyone. Price is reasonable.

1  Thank Keith H

Reviewed July 4, 2014

What a lovely experience! My son and I had had a hectic but enjoyable day at the University Open Day and we needed a calm dinner before a long drive home. The restaurant is welcoming and spacious, with small Greek statues in niches around the walls. The food was delicious and plentiful. I had a Chicken Caesar Salad. I often have this as a first dinner in a restaurant as a bench mark. I can make a fair comparison with other restaurants. This was one of the best Chicken Caesar Salads ever. I took a photograph of it and will post it on here in due course. My son had the Souflaki: a skewer of pork, grilled, with salad and chips. He thoroughly enjoyed it and struggled to eat the chips as the dinner was so plentiful. We both managed,of course, and ate the olives and garlic bread too. On top of it all, they were playing my favourite music: Dire Straits. It was a fantastic relaxing experience. Also, the staff are friendly and pleasant. If I lived in the area I would go regularly. The restaurant was recommended to me by someone I asked in Southampton. Nick's: thank you so much. ☺

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Got the nostalgic thing out the way as hadn't been to Nicks for about 15 years. However, these huge portions and average quality foods are no longer particularly cheap. There are far superior restaurants charging similar prices in Southampton.

2  Thank Carvella
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I just had to write a review on this secret gem of a restaurant. Its hidden down the bottom end of East street near Debenhams. The menu is vast, and the food is fresh and delicious. There is something for everyone. I had one of the best steak meals since arriving in Southampton. I highly recommend the T-Bone steak. Its massive, tender, and melts in the mouth, and if thats not enough the homemade chips went down nicely too....... Highly recommend!!!

2  Thank Dave B
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We're not first timers here, the food is always very good, as the service.
If you really want to complain about something: there's not many wines to choose from (just a couple), but we'll definitively come back anyway ;)