“Great Indian food in Portswood.”
Review of Gandhi

Gandhi
Ranked #289 of 870 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: In our restaurant all the food served is cooked fresh to order. Our aim is to serve your meal as near perfect as possible. If you do have any pre-arranged appointments please do inform your waiter and will try our upmost to provide your meal within the time available.As well as traditional and classic dishes Our executive chef regularly devises new and seasonal dishes to keep updated menus innovative and modern. The team here at Gandhi are highly experienced who provide a professional service which is polite and efficient but not intrusive.Party bookings: Why not celebrate that special event I your life with a dinner party at the Gandhi restaurant. We will be pleased to plan your evening with you to ensure a night to remember. For any large booking please contact us.Outside catering: Whether you are throwing a dinner party for friends at home, a function or wedding reception in a marquee, our blend of experience, planning and attention to details ensures a successful occasion every time. Please enquire for more information. For a personalised proposal for your outside event please contact us and will we work with you to create a truly memorable event.
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I tend to seek out Indian restaurants, have a meal and if I am satisfied with it, I tend to return to that eatery. I have been to Ghandi's 5 times now and the food is consistently good! Give it a try, you will not be disappointed. Josh, the owner, is very welcoming and will do anything to ensure your experience is positive!

1  Thank Gary F
There are newer reviews for Gandhi

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I have never been disappointed with my trips to the Gandhi. On the odd occasion they do suffer a little bit when they get busy but mostly this is because they are far to accommodating and try to please you with every aspect of your experience.

My last visit was with my wife, where we hadn't booked. The restaurant was busy and although we had to wait approx 20 minutes for a table we were sat down and given a drink whilst we waited. The food was very tasty and arrived promptly although they were busy.

I would highly recommend this restaurant but it is worth booking even during the week!

1  Thank Steve C
Reviewed December 3, 2013

The biggest hint for vegetarians: we found only 1 main vegetarian dish in the first part of the menu; however, where you can see the sides you see that any of the sides can also be ordered as a main. Why some of the more exciting dishes cannot be for "Mixed vegetables", as opposed to "King Prawns" is beyond me? The quantities of the food were okay though, and even though we had to wait for a while for the food - it was a Saturday evening - the main shame about this place is that it is relatively noisy; this is a combination of the room and decor and the slightly to loud music. Shame.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I went to the Gandhi again, but for the first time with my friends. We have never been disappointed so had high hopes. Once again, the survice was excellent and the food was just outstanding and mouth watering. We had the samba fish and garlic chilli chicken masala which were reasonable prices and the flavours were just extraordinary. The chicken was succulent and the fish presented me with a taste that left me both amazed and flabbergasted. The spices worked hermoniously with my palete and my friends were very impressed. Best yet, I would highly recommend it.

1  Thank Ella M
Reviewed November 21, 2013

my husband and I had a lovely meal at the Gandhi restaurant in portswood near Southampton. the staff were really nice and helpful and the food was really good. thanks to josh and colleagues.
the restaurant was stylish and clean
we would recommend.