“Avoid”

Add it.
Diljas
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Had a fabulous evening at this restaurant ‘The DiJas’ this evening. First class service and amazing food. We started with freshly cooked Papadoms which were not the usual cardboard discs; these were out of this world crisp with plenty of flavour. My wife then had Kaddu Sabji a Punjabi Pumpkin Curry Perfect vegetarian cuisine Served with fluffy Pilau Rice and naan. I had Suka Pataila Pork Curry, This is pork cooked with Special fried onions and spices amazing flavours again served with fluffy Pilau Rice and naan. We both just had room for ice cream and coffee. All in all a night to remember.
“Avoid”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Paid a spontaneous visit here with a group of friends after Saints' disappointing 0-3 defeat to West Brom.

After a promising selection of poppadoms things rapidly went downhill. The draught lager is not well kept, the signature goat curry dish could have been lamb in a watery sauce of garam masala. Completely devoid of texture and substance, the only saving grave being the freshly prepared naan bread.

The waiter explained that it was his brothers restaurant and he was 'away'. We were offered a discount on the food but having waited over an hour for what may as well have been supermarket value microwave curry it did little to lift the spirits of a rather disappointing day.

• Visited April 2013

Wadebridge, United Kingdom
“SHOCKING TAKEAWAY AND MANAGERS ATTITUDE !!!!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Ordered a straightforward King Prawn Curry. Pilau Rice, Naan Bread and soft drink to be delivered locally.
Curry barely filled a third of the container and contained 4 prawns and the Naan bread was burned almost black. Telephoned to complain and spoke to manager. Expected either a refund ( £12.40) or a replacement delivery and an apology and got nothing !!! Was told it was a correct meal. If I order again and pay they would maybe add in a free poppadom.

Disgracefull food, service and attitude. GO ELSEWHERE!!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank ann2mart
Eastleigh, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Superb!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I went to Dilja's with my Fiance a few months ago for the first time. When we arrived we were a bit worried as it didn't look much from the outside, but past experience has taught us that the best restaurants nearly always look ordinary from the outside. We were made to feel very welcome and the restaurant is extremely nice. Now for the food... it was out of this world. Absolutely fantastic. I cannot say enough words to describe it but we were making "sex" noises whilst eating!! Would definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone. I am definitely planning on a return visit and will be taking a large group of people with me. Well don to all at Diljas. It is nice to go to an Indian Restaurant and have quality food served to you. The prices are perfect too. We used to go to one more local to us on a regular basis which also served fantastic food but they rocketed their prices and so don't go there anymore.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank WendiDean
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Absolutely fantastic!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The food was incredible, the portions were generous and the atmosphere was great, very chilled and relaxed.

We were all very impressed with the pricing, including the house deals which should be looked up if visiting.

The food tasted delicious, the staff were all very friendly and prompt. I can't rate this place enough. I know the party of people I was with will all definitely be going again!

• Visited January 2013
Fareham, United Kingdom
“Not a good saturday nite”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

After ordering a salted lass, they tried to convice me that the mango lassi they gave me with a pince of salt is in fact a salt lassi!
The Paneer makhani ws very sweet despite being described as "spicy".
The butter naan went rubbery within about 30sec of arriving on our table.

On the plus side, the paneer tikka was good!
I will never go to this restaurant again

Visited December 2012