“Amazing food rude staff”
Review of The Ship Inn

The Ship Inn
Ranked #108 of 909 Restaurants in Southampton
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Have been to the ship before as the food is truely amazing, however the staff that served us today were very unfriendly which could explain the lack of customers. Found them to be very patronizing which created a bad atmosphere and utterly miserable

1  Thank emm213

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Have visited this pub on several occasions and always found the food to be excellent with very large portions. On my latest visit I decided to try the breakfast burger. We were told it would take about 20 minutes which turned into an hour and 20 minutes. Like previous reviewers when we enquired at the bar we were told we would be next. A large group who arrived and ordered long after us were also served their meals at the same time as us, leaving me thinking that our order had been misplaced.
Anyway when my burger arrived there was a bread roll filled with sausage, egg, bacon and mushroom but no burger. When I asked where the burger was I was told the meal was not served with a burger as many people had complained that it was to big. Did they reduce the price when the burger was removed and why do they continue to call it a breakfast BURGER?
Makes me wonder if I order fish and chips will I actually get any fish.
As I said previously have eaten here on numerous occasions but after this last experience dont think I will return.

1  Thank timat22
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We went recently for my partners brothers birthday for a meal. We shared a starter which was good. I had the fish and chips main which was good as well. My partner had the full rack of ribs, which really was a full rack! Enough for 2 to share I'd say. He said it was awesome - something I'd definitely go back to try myself!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stayed at Holiday in southampton south and they recommended this pub for something to eat.Monday was steak night 2 8oz rumps with all the trimmings and a free bottle of wine for £19.99.The log fires gave a warm welcome there was plenty of choice on the menu for all of us.Should we be in Southampton agin we,d definately go back.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We were invited to attend a friends 50th birthday meal , I looked up the said place on trip adviser and was a little bit put off by the reviews and considered cancelling, however I am pleased to say we didn't and had an excellent evening .
I'm a little lost to think that we went to the same pub/restaurant as the reviewers on trip adviser were talking about all I can say is that we had the most gorgeous food well present excellent portion sizes and very well presented , yes the food took a while to get to us but then it's freshly cooked and well worth the wait and that was the case from everyone there.

My only gripe and it has nothing to do with the staff or the food my gripe is about the quiz night that was taking place on the evening we went it was extremely loud as was the "quiz master" this was a Tuesday, so my overall experience was good will we be going back YES although not on a Tuesday to sum it up .

Great atmosphere over all excellent food experience excellent company great prices and great portion sizes lovely staff keep up the good work we will be back..........