“It's what you would expect” 2 of 5 bubbles

Chiquito - Southampton
Ranked #285 of 840 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“It's what you would expect”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

This is a standard chain restaurant. You are seated swiftly and the food arrives as expected; however, it is not very good food and not somewhere you would go if you wanted to have a special evening out.

Visited March 2013

• Polish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Will happily go back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Did not have very high expectations of this restaurant after reading some of the reviews, but was pleasantly surprised. We booked a table for 6 on Mother's Day lunchtime (taking advantage of a 'Mothers eat free' deal), and to be honest was not expecting it to be very good, slow service etc, being Mothers Day. The waiter was very efficient (without being pushy), the food order came in good time, as well as the drinks. On the table when we arrived there was a bowl of popcorn, which was a nice touch. We had the starter of the mixed sharing platter, which was ok, and a mixture of fajitas and burritos for mains. All of these were good, piping hot and not bad size portions, not huge but perfectly adequate. The prices are not cheap, but I don't consider them to be overly expensive either. When it came to the bill there was no hassle taking the cost of the 'Mum's' off the cost (as in the deal), not questioning the fact that there were two mums in our party. I will happily go back.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“A poor excuse for any type of restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

A late Saturday afternoon lunch with the family - thank god for us being quite a chilled family as both the service and food were apalling.. The exterior of the building was tired and appearances were most definitely not deceptive.. We ordered the 'deep filled potato skins', they were most definitely not deep filled and only a saw would have allowed you to cut through these - even after sending them back, the replacement was exactly the same - frozen pre-packed rubbish and for £5.95, really? The hot wraps at £9.95 including more tortilla wrap than filling with a childs handful of chips.. The pulled pork was laughable, it was a tasteless mush that had probably come from a 10 litre plastic container.. Whilst we did order the burger without any dressing, a burger from a van would have looked more appealing.. And lastly the service, at 4pm with approximately 4 tables filled, we waited around 40 minutes for the main to arrive, how this place copes on a busy night.. That's the last £25 I ever spend in this restaurant chain..

Winchester
“A lovely meal, despite reviews. Will be back again.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

After reading bad reviews I was sceptical about visiting but glad I did. I think reading reviews this place is better at less busy times- as are most restaurants, and not a place to bring kids, though I didn't think the kids menu looked bad or experience. Visited on a Monday eve, was greeted and seated quickly. Service was prompt, food hot and very nice, ordered off the regular menu, portions more than enough. Drinks and cocktails sounded amazing but I opted for water because I was on a budget. Lovely dessert, great presentation and taste. Decor really tasteful, not too upmarket but feels relaxed with nice atmosphere, looking forward to going again. A great meal.

UK
“Very disappointing meal out (lacking customer care)”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

We visited Chiquito's for a family celebration meal with my family. Having taken our order, it took 40 minutes before the main course arrived (no starters). My chicken dish (Mexican Chicken Skewer) had 10 pieces of chicken and cost £13.95 (Mexican Chicken Skewer). I hate leaving a restaurant hungry! The worst situation was when I was presented with a bill for £145 for 4 mains, 2 deserts and 4 drinks. Studying the bill, the staff had included the next table's food and drink order to our bill. I shouldn't have had to check this; it should have been noticed by the staff. It took another 10 minutes to resolve this issue. I came away from the restaurant feeling that my custom was not valued and I was not treated with much respect nor care. I don't think I'll go here again.

• 2 of 5 bubbles