“Lovely lunch on Father's Day”
Review of Grand Cafe

Grand Cafe
Ranked #17 of 885 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I took my dad here for Father's Day lunch with my mum. The staff were very professional and polite. The food was excellent. There was a singer who was superb. I would thoroughly recommend it.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

We thoroughly enjoy afternoon tea at the Grand Cafe. Yesterday (14 June )was our fourth time. The food & service have always been excellent and we will definitely return.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

My boyfriend and I were both blown away by our experience at Grand Cafe. From the moment we walked in, we knew we'd chosen somewhere special for an evening meal out, and this restaurant just continued to impress us throughout the night. The staff were friendly, attentive and couldn't seem to do enough for you. One member of staff, James, came over to introduce himself and pointed out several dishes on the menu which he'd recommend. Given the high quality of the food, we believe it was very reasonable value with similar prices to a gastro-pub. The portion sizes were generous and very well-presented. We were also pleasantly surprised to see the presence of a live singer who was extremely talented and managed to put his own twist on a variety of well known songs.

We felt our whole experience at Grand Cafe was very special; we couldn't fault anything and will not be able to recommend it enough. As we left, I made an effort to seek out our waitress in order to thank her, something which I've never felt compelled to do before.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

We arranged a company trip for 12 people to Southampton and were looking for a place that had both a restaurant and a nightclub attached. We found the Grand Cafe ticked all the boxes and they were extremely attentive when dealing with the booking. On the night, we were shown to a reserved area where we were entertained by a fabulous singer until we were ready to sit down for dinner. The food and service was fantastic and nothing was a bother to them. Once we had finished the meal, we made our way down to their nightclub, Club4 and again we had arranged for a resvered area to be set aside for us. The nightclub was a nice size and they didn't allow it to get too busy. The DJ played some good sounds and everyone had a ball. Overall, I would highly recommend the Grand Cafe for their attention to detail and their great service.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

A group of 5 of us needed a venue for a business dinner and this seemed to fit the bill perfectly. I was impressed with the service; the food prices are a little expensive and whilst the food was very good, I wouldn't describe it as exceptional.

But overall, no complaints and would definitely go again. This would be a nice place to take a date if you wanted to impress her, but make sure you really like her because it's not cheap. Surroundings and décor are tasteful, comfortable and you don't feel as though you are sharing your table with the people on the next one.