“Worth a visit”

Turtle Bay
Ranked #36 of 852 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Caribbean, Bar, Jamaican
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Situated in Guildhall Square only 15 minutes from the train station and close to West Quay Shopping Centre and Guildhall. Turtle Bay is perfect for a big night-out, a quiet dinner for two, lunch with work-mates, somewhere to dump all those shopping bags or just somewhere to break the journey home.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Me and my friends had never visited turtle bay. the 4 of us came in during the day to get some lunch and see what the much talked about 241 cocktails are like. The staff were very friendly on arrival. And the manager at the time had us laughing. Ben i think his name was

we then sat in the 'bar area' designated for drinkers where we made our way through the cocktail menu. The bar staff were very helpful in choosing us drinks and in particular Pierce, as he was able to recommend the right food for us, which we all thoroughly enjoyed.

Overal our trip was very good and we will be visiting next time we are in the area. Value for money was very good although the portion size on the food could of been a little better.

• Greek first
  • Thai first
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Drinks at Turtle bay”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Myself and my wife went into turtle bay for rinks on a busy friday night. we sat at the bar and was served through out the night by Pierce and George. they kept us very entertained with their comedy and their ability to make drinks.

i was very surprised at how busy it would get but it was a good atmosphere and the staff were awesome. highly suggest visiting

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“good food”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We went to this restaurant for the first time for lunch the staff were great the food was very good and tasty and the prices are very reasonable it was a lovely experience

Southampton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love it!”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Have been here a few times and they always get it right. Most recently for a large family meal as we wanted something a little more exciting than a Sundays carvery.

Despite being very busy, the host went out of her way to try and find a table for us, and quickly got us seated. We were approached almost immediately by a lovely waitress who took our drinks order and was more than happy to make recommendations as to what to have. We all opted for something different, my curried squash was delicious as was the goat that my sister ordered and I had a taste of. A few members of our group found it all a little spicy and had to ask for mayo etc but I absolutely loved it. Dessert was recommend genuinely and in a friendly way with no salesman patter, as we're another round of drinks.

Even when my mother tried to stop a waitress to take a photo she was more than happy to oblige, despite clearly being very busy.

Other times I have met friends here for a quiet drink or bite to eat and it always delivers, I really can't fault the place.

• Visited December 2013
Remich, Luxembourg
“Excellent , genuine Caribbean food”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Having just returned from Barbados , I was interested in trying Turtle Bay to see if it was anything like the 'real thing' , and I have to report it was excellent .
On arrival , it was busy , and I hadn't booked , so the friendly waitress asked if I would mind waiting at the bar until she found a table , it would be about 15 mins , so I decided to try one of their cocktails . Wow , I tried the Jammin' and afterwards I certainly was , I can highly recommend it .
10 mins later I was escorted to my table . After looking through the menu I found it difficult to decide but eventually I started with Chilli Fried Squid , which was wonderful . The squid was cooked to perfection and the mayo dip was lovely . I then decided to go for the Blue Mountain goat curry , because it was one thing I hadn't tried in Barbados , and I was delighted I had . The goat was so tender and tasty and a nice mixture of vegetables with sweet onion chutney made it a thoroughly enjoyable meal .
All in all it was a very pleasant evening and I will certainly be visiting again to try some of the other cocktails and dishes .

Visited September 2013