“I'm going to have eat my hat now...”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Southampton West Quay Hotel
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Southampton
Dorset, United Kingdom
“I'm going to have eat my hat now...”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Well, well. I was "forced" into staying at this establishment (urgency/position) & wasn't looking forward to it at all. The location was perfect though & everything else about this hotel was too! That price? Easily up to 4 star standard & although I Initially thought the breakfast was expensive, the choice & freshness was of 5 star standard. Summer berries on my muesli has actually changed my dietary habits & I could not recommend this place highly enough. The rooms were clean & warm & the only fault I could find was there was nowhere to put luggage in the open position. Irksome having a case on the floor. No matter, it hit the spot in every other way. I had a bath before retiring & a shower when I awoke which was totally 'not green' & I so do not care. Fabulous. £31 booked on line? Wonderful room, beautiful food. Knowledgeable, friendly staff. Oh! Dear! I'm going to have to eat my hat!

1 Thank Xanthe C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
UK
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Good location, clean rooms but terrible food served in restaurant. Had to send two steaks back only to be told not to bother ordering the steak as the cut was bad! Gave the chicken a go but it was preformed processed chicken, not a quality chicken breast. A real shame, if they employed a 'chef' and purchased half decent food the hotel would be an ideal place to stay. Sofa bed was very uncomfortable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank QualityUK
upton
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed overnight to join a cruise ship the following day. Lovely hotel in a good location for the coach station, docks and the Shopping mall. The staff were very helpful and the check in was quick and easy. The hotel and the rooms were spotless, spacious and comfy. The evening meal and breakfast were very good. Have booked again in May 2013 and would certainly recommend this hotel, one of the best I have stayed in Southampton.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
11 Thank sinbadmerlin
Yorkshire
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stayed for an overnight business trip. The reception staff were friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable and clean. Bed had a ridge in it from where it was joined from two singles into a double which made sleeping a little disturbed in finding a ridge free position. Dinner was basic okay - I was too tired to go out to look for something else. The cooking was basic and some of the waiting staff a bit gormless. It is opposite the river and the old city wall but really, it felt like a commercial area with little going on though there was a shopping centre nearby. Fine for an overnight stay.

ware hertfordshire
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Booked this hotel via there website.The price for what you received was very good.The check in process that the receptionist who is very helpfull assists you with is easy.The rooms were modern and very clean.The restaurant and food very good aswell.The location is right next to all the main shopping malls and only a short walk to the main high road..I couldnt fault this hotel at all.For the price you pay for the meal deal package and what is included in the price is exceptionally good.Foer a short stay its well worth it

Room Tip: Take up the offer of the Meal Deals
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank displeased064
Auburn, California, United States
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Lots of people love this chain. It is way too basic for the price in my opinion. The bathroom, while clean has the ameneties of a gas station (2 soap dispensers).
Booking from the U.S. I could not use the chain website for a good rate. I had to use a consolidator for more than twice as much as my U.K. resident friend. I mentioned this to the clerk and he said "We know"
Two of the desk clerks I encountered were non helpful to the point one told me; if I wanted information maybe I could look it up at the Apple Store down the street
Two others were friendly and helpful.
The location and breakfast were OK.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 981VGA
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Services at Premier Inn Southampton West Quay Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. At Premeir Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of customer service in all our establishments. We would like the opportunity to investigate this matter further, please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This Premier Inn is so clean it positively sparkles. This new build is situated directly opposite the excellent West Quay shopping centre. The staff are extremely efficient and welcoming. The rooms are large, airy, with very comfortable huge beds, nice settee, tv with freeview, tea/coffee, lovely bedding, excellent en suite with very thick towels. In this case you cannot improve upon perfection. My only problem was that the multi storey car park opposite is not owned by the hotel and for the first night I paid the special rate agrred for Premier Inn customers of £5. However, for the second night I was charged £14. Apparently I had parked in the wrong section of the car park, although it had not been made clear to me which was the correct section. Within 2 hours I received a phone call from Kevin at the Premier Inn to say that the difference of £9 had been refunded to my credit card! Now this really is going the 'extra mile' for guests! Thank you Premier Inn

2 Thank francesanne