“Excellent Service plus very Good food”
Review of Jewels

Jewels
Ranked #47 of 890 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Ordered a large takeaway for 6 people on a very busy saturday night.
Food was cooked from fresh but whilst we waited we were each given complimentry drink.
Food was very Good would highly recommend.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Lovely Indian food always with a smile! Been there a few times now and they never fail to please. Excellent service, yummy food, and after all that, you even get a complementary glass of Irish Cream. Dee-lish!

1  Thank aOverEnd
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We've been eating at Jewel 2-4 times a year for the last 10+ years and I can honestly say, we've never had anything less than an excellent meal.

The restaurant itself is nicely decorated with great lighting, ample space and is very clean.

Service is generally very good and you never feel rushed. The owner takes the time to welcome guests and make conversation and all staff are attentive.

The food is excellent with the buffet being very good value for money. This is available most nights at different prices. I prefer the starter platters to the main courses but there's plenty of choice of the latter to satisfy most diners.

Toilets are modern, clean and tidy. The only negative is the low powered hand-dryers which are next to useless. Namby-pamby hand-dryers are a particular bugbear of mine.

Overall, a great evening with delicious food in modern surroundings.

Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

I went for dinner with friends to this Indian and I was really disappointed with the quality of the main courses. Our starters of onion bhaji and samosa were acceptable, but the main course was horrible. The chicken tikka masala was watery and bland with very little chicken pieces and the lamb dish my partner had was just as horrible - he even left half his meal which is unheard of when we have a curry. We ended up leaving most of our food and won't be returning anytime soon. It's surprising to see so many good reviews?! I am wondering if we went to the same restaurant. I will not be returning here again and would not recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank miss_lish
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I went to ' Jewels' - this Sunday and was very pleasantly surprised by the experience. My wifes' friends had been talking about it for ages and we finally managed to organise it! We all chose the buffet and really enjoyed our choices - one word of warning though - don't overdo the starters as they are very filling and you'll have no room left!
I would say the service was very polite and efficient and not hasslely or intrusive - just right actually. Drinks were reasonably priced and surroundings including toilets very clean and modern - we will return here at a future date!!