“Pleasant surprise”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Always ben put of by the location of this Restaurant, but it was a pleasant surprise.It is one of the best Bangladeshi restaurants around. choice was good,food was well cooked and the staff were very attentive all in all a very good evening

1  Thank ton2lyn

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Had a takeaway from here after trying to find a decent takeaway fairly close to Thornhill. Jewels had been recommended to me a few times by a friend and I have to say it did not disappoint!!
The food was amazing and loads of it, it didn't leave an oily residue on the plate, and I have also been told for those dieters among you they will also cook to slimming world recipe.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Visited Jewels for the first time over the weekend to grab a takeaway, based entirely on the reviews from here - was well worth the short drive from Hedge End. Excellent curry, friendly service and at a decent price, will definitely be back for a sit down meal in the very near future!

1  Thank JJ53uk
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Myself and two others ate in this establishment last week and following all the incredible praise for the restaurant, we were certainly not disappointed. We were immediately greeted by two very welcoming and charming staff who offered to take our coats and deliver us to our table. The surroundings in this restaurant, although not typically Indian looking, were very tasteful and modern which showed a fresh approach to your usual Indian restaurant and in my opinion really worked. The menu came and I was slightly sceptical as the menu looked as if it was created in a rush with various spelling errors. However, the food came and I was quick to change my mind. Brilliant. All 3 of us opted for the buffet priced at £13 I believe. We all went for the mixed platter for starters which included favourites such as Onion Bhajis and Samosas, as well as Tikka Marinated chicken pieces. This was excellant value and all included within the £13. The mains then arrived on a large trolly and we could not believe the portion sizes. All 3 of us went for the Lamb Biryani which was extremely generous with beautifully cooked, tender Lamb. It had a beautiful depth of flavour with layers of spices which is hard to find now-a-days in a Biryani. This buffet also included 3 side dishes so we ordered Saag Aloo, Naan Breads and Poppadoms, all of extremely high quality. The meal concluded, ordered a taxi and were given 6 glasses of Baileys and Ice, all free of charge and this rounded off a fantastic meal and just cannot recommend it enough.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Jewels is my favorite restaurant and i would not go anywhere else for this type of cuisine! The food is amazing. I have had my fair share of curries and Jewels are the best, so i have continued to dine there for many years and introduced many friends to Jewels who equal love it as much as i do.
The staff are always so friendly and are happy with any request we ask.
Would highly recommend