All reviewstop floorquiet streetfriendly hotelno elevatorpre cruisefull englishstayed for one nightfirst floorplenty of hot watercity centrelovely rooman evening mealdefinitely stay here againbreakfast was deliciousmayflower theatrevisiting southamptoncruise terminal
Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

Excellent hotel to stay in Southampton. Comfy rooms and excellent beds. Good bathroom and clean. Very friendly staff and also good food from the kitchen.
Absolute value for money!!!
Hotel is easily reached by car and situated slightly outside the city center on a relatively quiet street. No through traffic. Private car park in front of the hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank jhariem
Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

I booked the Blue Keys hotel for my wedding venue. They have 11 rooms in total meaning sole use of the hotel for the day of our wedding. Nothing was too much trouble for this family ran hotel. Even if things were not perfect, they were as close as they could have been (nothing is ever perfect, as my mum would tell me!)

Hospitality was amazing, everyone was polite, the food was amazing and they did everything and more that was asked. To the point of making allowances for some of the guests with very particular dietary requirements.

This hotel is a gem of a find! Thanks

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank Keith M
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Very clean and comfortable (aside from the lack of A/C, but that’s rare in Britain, I found), with friendly staff and good breakfast. Close enough to shops and restaurants. Nicely decorated. No elevator, but again, typical of the UK. I’d stay again.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

Having visited this hotel previously, we were disappointed with some of the changes that appear to have been made. There was no one around when we arrived and no bell to call, resulting in us waiting more than five minutes for someone to appear.
Our room had a very comfortable bed but no mirror in the bedroom, the only mirror was in the bathroom.
We didn't have dinner in the hotel, but went into Southampton. On return, the car park was full resulting in us having to find parking on the street.
Breakfast next morning was a good selection of fruit and yoghurt, but there are no tea pots for tea. Tea arrived as a teabag in a cup of hot water. No refill was offered.
On check out, I asked for the drinks the previous evening to be charged to the card that was swiped at check in. Unbelievably I was told that I could not have a receipt for this unless I waited until breakfast was complete. I asked for this to be emailed to me but as yet this has not been received.
We will not be returning.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sally B
Reviewed July 30, 2018

Arrived at the hotel and was greeted very warmly by Sylvia, took me up to the room and told me where everything was. the room was quaint but had everything I needed. great stay and value for money. Breakfast was lush and served in a good time, plus the ONLY place I know that did chilled water with lemon, lime and mint (my personal favourite). would love to stay there again.
thank you all.

Room Tip: It's in expensive with great facilities to rival top hotels inc Apple TV.
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo