“Fantastic hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Madison House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Southampton
Madison House
Ranked #21 of 43 Southampton B&B and Inns
“Fantastic hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

Barbara was such a brilliant host welcoming us when we arrived with a friendly smile. Nothing was too much to ask. Lovely clean and tidy rooms. All the staff were very helpful as my wife was in hospital having surgery. Breakfast was delicious with a great choice. Will definitely be staying here again when we have to return to the area.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
MadisonGuestHouse, Owner at Madison House, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Thank you for your lovely review. I hope your wife makes a full and speedy recovery. I hope also that you will visit again under less stressful circumstances for you.
Very Best Wishes. Barbara.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Sao Paulo, Brazil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

It was lovely to spend almost two weeks at Madison House. Everything is very beautiful and clean. The owner is very helpful and friendly. It's about 20 minutes walk from the Train Station and the Centre. I really recommend Madison House. It's an excellent Bed & Breakfast!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank AJ61
Surrey, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

I stayed for nearly two weeks and it was lovely; friendly, helpful and lush bacon ;)
After a long day the warming welcoming home away from home was perfect. Really appreciated the free wifi (that always worked well) and the tea with biscuits

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Natalie M
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

Had an absolutely brilliant stay here whilst working at the Boat Show. Barbara went out of her way to make sure that my colleague and I had a wonderful stay. The room was spotless with brilliant free wifi and the beds were super comfy. I loved the bath and couldn't have wished for more. Would recommend this accomodation to anyone! Oh, and the cooked breakfast was out of this world! Totally fantastic!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Vivien T
MadisonGuestHouse, Owner at Madison House, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for your lovely review. We hope to see you again next time you are in Southampton
Barbara & Pete
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed Sunday- Friday for 2 weeks and booked very last minute, so I had no idea what to expect. I needn't have worried in the slightest!

Pete was friendly and welcoming on arrival, and took the time to explain how to log in to the free Wifi, make my dad a cup of tea (since he was driving straight back home afterwards) and generally ensure that I was settled in. He even offered me a lift to the hospital for my first day of work!

I was in Room 5 for week 1, which was bright and airy, well worth the money and suited me perfectly as a single guest. The bathroom was just across the hall and was lovely and clean, and the room was cleaned and the tea tray restocked daily. Nothing was too much trouble, and Pete happily provided me with fresh milk for my tea rather than UHT cartons. The TV was a bonus for the evenings, the bed was really comfortable and being able to adjust your own heating was also a good feature. For week 2, Barbara and Pete moved me to Room 10 (en suite single) for no extra charge, which was a lovely gesture. Again, the room was lovely and bright, comfortable, spacious and clean. It also had lots of storage space, which was really handy for all my bags!

Breakfasts were cooked to order (I recommend the eggy bread!), and there was also a good selection of fruit, cereal, juice, pastries, cereal bars etc (with which Pete encouraged me to supplement my packed lunch). The breakfast room was a lovely place to be- large windows, the radio on in the background each morning, sofas and plenty of space to accommodate all guests. Pete and Barbara were friendly and chatty each morning, and I appreciated their efforts to entertain a single traveller!

Pete and Barbara could not have been more accommodating- as well as the upgrade, and responding to all queries/ requests really promptly, they also allowed me to leave some bags over the weekend between my 2 weeks (even though I had not paid for those nights), and kept my bags safe until the end of the working day on my day of departure. I even had Pete's mobile number, such that I could contact him if I needed anything. This lovely couple really do go beyond the call of duty when it comes to customer service, and you almost feel like a member of the family!

I would happily book in here again, and know that I would be welcomed enthusiastically.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely and quiet. Room 5 is on the smaller side and has a shared bathroom, but is more...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank DVM_13
Thank you for your lovely review. Much Appreciated. We hope to see you again next time you are in Southampton
Barbara & Pete
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

I booked into the above hotel for a 3 nights stay and was made welcome by Barbara whom then showed me to my room, WOW were my first impressions(room3) the room was comfortable warm and so inviting i didnt want to leave it, the en-suite was great didnt want to get out of the bath. Unfortunatly i did not have the breakfast (as i dont eat breakfast) but that too smelt inviting. There is also the a FREE Wi Fi connection that was in my room which enable me to check my emails
Hats off to Barbara and staff for keeping the high standards up.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank sweetsista
Thank you for your lovely comments. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you again soon.
Barbara
Nottingham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

My Husband and I stopped here ages ago. We arrived at the drive of the property and found there was no room so we drove round the back. I went to check in and was confronted by an elderly women who was reputed to be the owner's Mother. She gave me a ticking off for not parking where she thought I should have parked and I thought this was a very unfriendly welcome considering I was a customer having come a great distance. The rest of the family were nicer and provided a good service.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank WanderersNottingham
, Owner at Madison House, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I am so sorry you had this experience. My mum was known to be grouchy sometimes as she suffered a great deal of pain in her final years. Sadly she died in May 2011. I appreciate that customers should not have suffered for her pain and hope you will stay with us again if you are in the area. Best Wishes. Barbara