Elizabeth House Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7(Southampton)(Great Value!)
$79
$154
$99
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Highfield House Hotel(Southampton)(Great Value!)
$54
$93
$88
Travelocity
The Blue Keys(Southampton)
$77
$75
Travelocity
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfamily run hotelmain roadexcellent full english breakfastchain hotelscity centrethe main hotellarge bathroomfamily roomnice place to stayfree wifisouthampton universityno elevatorleave your carlady on receptionwould definitely stay here againplenty of parkinggood size
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stayed here one night with my young daughters and I was pleasantly surprised, a nicely kept hotel and great car parking, wifi worked and a pleasant experience all round. I travel to Soton a lot and have stayed in a number of Hotels and I would say this is near the top of my list. I would recommend to all

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We suffered with the temperature but then that's not their fault! As for the rooms, big an very serviceable, nice big bathroom. But the best thing here is the excellent and personal service. Instantly know who you are etc. the breakfast is awesom as well! One of the best hotel breakfasts I have had! The only downside is parking, very full car park but still accommodating! They'll always find you a space.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Close enough to the city centre (about a mile - 20 minutes walk) but very easy to find and reach when driving into the city. Very warm welcome and good service throughout our 2 night stay. Free parking. Great breakfast choice.

The team clearly know how to run a hotel very well. They have all the details right and look after their guests well.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Noisy as on main road, didnt sleep well as it was very hot and had to have windows open.
We were leaving early next morning so requested something to eat to take with us as breakfast was included but the lady at front desk wasnt particularly worried about helping us with this, said staff wouldnt be in. Hotel previous night made us bacon sandwiches so I suppose we had been used to better service.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights whilst attending a training course at the university. The welcome was warm and friendly, and all the staff I came into contact with were friendly and polite, without being over-familiar. As a lone traveller I felt safe here, more so than in a large nameless chain hotel.
I had a room at the back (6) and it was quiet, with a view over the garden. I did have to walk up and down quite a lot of stairs and corridors to get to the room, which may make it unsuitable for some. The smell of breakfast cooking was overwhelming in the room from about 7am which actually may make some hungry, but made me feel a bit sick! I did eat in the restaurant one evening and the food and service were very good. There were a few tables in the gardens too.
My main issue was that the room and bathroom were not really very clean. The skirting boards were covered in dust and there were numerous cobwebs on the ceilings. I also found a scarf, belonging to a previous resident, behind a chair, which suggests that the chair had not been moved to Hoover the floor. Oh, and the creaky floorboards in the bedroom and bathroom near drove me to distraction!
All in all, the Elizabeth house was ok, and has a lot of potential, just needs a bit more TLC.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back might be noisy as the hotel was on a busy main road.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo