“go back again to stay”
Review of Landguard Lodge

Landguard Lodge
Ranked #23 of 43 Southampton B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I book this about 2 months ago as I won't to stay some were as I won't to see all things titanic in Southampton .i walked all over and went to see a show and the staff and breakfast was great and I was in room 10 that was on the back . I would stay there again

• Stayed: July 2014
There are newer reviews for Landguard Lodge

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Landguard Lodge is located in a residential area not far from the city centre. At its doorstep you find several other B&B's. Staffs are helpful and correct.

Landguard Lodge is a modest guesthouse, relatively quiet and very well maintained. An OK place for a one-night stay.

We had a simple room at the first floor of the guesthouse. Our room had a separate private bathroom with small washbasin, toilet and shower cubicle. Adequately furnished and decorated, our room had a good double-bed, a small table & chair, a coffee & tea making facility, a flat screen TV and a wardrobe. All was impeccably clean.

Windows can be opened. Between 07:00 and 08:30 a complete breakfast is served with eggs cooked to order. Free parking in the street in front of the property. Complimentary Wi-Fi Internet.

We recommend this B&B accommodation to anyone who seeks a quiet night's sleep at an acceptable price.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrsPiket
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We needed to find budget accommodation for a one night stop over in Southampton before getting the ferry to the IOW.
Found this place on the internet. Spotlessly clean room, very nice breakfast and a pleasant host. Thanks John for your hospitality, I would heartily recommend this place to any of my friends.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank anticaravan
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Stayed just for one night, before catching a boat. Very comfortable beds, clean rooms (and the single room was quite spacious with a decent bathroom, which you don't always get!) The owner was friendly and helpful, and made contact before our arrival (booked online). We were travelling in a group of four, needing a family room and a single, which is not always easy to find in the same place, and we only ended up here because the more obvious places were all booked up, but I would certainly consider staying here again - it's convenient both for the centre of town and the docks but quiet and we all had a good night's sleep. Breakfast was good with plenty of choice.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I work away from home and travel by car so when i book a hotel/b&b i always ask if they have parking available and the owner John told me he did. I got there after work on Monday to find there was only 3 parking spaces at the front which are VERY tight. Luckily there was one available but it was so close to the other car they wouldn't have been able to get in. I was really quite annoyed as i was expecting parking like the owner said anyway i knocked on the door and John came out and i asked him where am i suppose to park? He said find a space in the road which was full, this annoyed me further. After waiting in my car for 5 mins thinking that i wish i had never booked here i found a spot down the road.

John said he had parking which is not a lie but VERY MISLEADING when you have 11 rooms and only 3 spaces. I think he should be more HONEST and say he only has 3 TIGHT spaces.
Also you cannot park on the road between 8am and 6pm also the spaces are very limited.

There are several B&B's on the same road all next door to each other all with about 3 spaces at the front apart from Hunters Lodge who have 10.

He also demanded payment up front and said this is our policy. This was NOT mentioned prior to me arriving. I asked if i could pay tomorrow as i needed to go to the cash point but he said no, so i gave him £100 which is all i had at the time.

I stayed in a double it was clean. Just watch you dont burn yourself as the water in the hot tap is VERY hot after about a minute

wifi was a 4 out of 10

Breakfast was about a 6 out of 10

I would stay again if i had no other choice. I didn't like the fact that he mislead me just to get my business and demanded payment up front.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Pros:

1) the room was clean and in good condition
2) the bed was comfortable
3) the breakfast was tasty: two rashers of bacon, one sausage, mushrooms, tomato, eggs, toast, tea, cereal
4) the host was friendly and welcoming
5) the price was reasonable

Cons:

None that I can think of. The radio didn't work properly, but it didn't matter because I could get radio on the TV.

Room Tip: I was in room 5, which had a nice big bathroom, and it was at the back of the house, so was pretty q...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I am just back home and I can't help but write about my stay in this lovely B&B. I was staying in this charming b&b for two weeks (no weekends) for the purposes of my studies and exams and I was totally happy with it. The owner/manager, John, was very friendly and helpful with the booking, accommodation,any requests that I had and really makes the guest feel welcome.
The room I stayed at was a twin room, spacious with large windows, en suite, very cosy and very clean. The room was made up every day as well. Bathroom was very clean, small, but yet functional and comfortable. Towels were crispy white and smelled nice.
There were coffee and tea facilities refreshed every day, flat screen tv and free wi-fi!
Breakfast is served in a nice dining room, typical English breakfast, which I personally am not very fond of. However, there is a plenty of cereals, juices, toasts, just as per the menu on their website.
Location - on a quite street with quite a few other b&b-s,very convenient for the station, 5 min
walking to the station. There is a parking, 3 spaces in front of the house and across the street you can park over the night.
All in all, the place is a perfect place, clean, comfortable, quiet and definitely value for money!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo