“This is the stuff of dreams for the tired traveller”
Review of Hunters Lodge

Hunters Lodge
Ranked #6 of 43 Southampton B&B and Inns
Cape Town
“This is the stuff of dreams for the tired traveller”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Everything. This is a superior guest house, scrupulously clean, very well-equipped and maintained, extremely reasonably priced and run by helpful, conscientious owner-staff. I cannot speak too highly of Hunters Lodge

• Stayed November 2013
J1myd, Owner at Hunters Lodge, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments and hope we have the pleasure of your company in the near future.

Kind regards,

Jim & Josie, Hunters Lodge Southampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
London
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I stayed for one night and found my single room clean and comfortable with en suite bathroom. There is free parking, which is a huge blessing and Josie helped me find a great pub to eat in nearby after I'd checked in. A full English breakfast, at an additional cost, is available and was very well cooked and there were other items available too: fresh fruit, cereal, toast and.....MARMITE...on request. YIPPEE! The only small disappointment I had was that my own small single room was a bit too hot for a fresh air freak like me. Although turning the heating off helped, I couldn't open the window because it was a ceiling sloping skylight style. There was a great shower but no bath too, which I do like to sink into when I have journeyed afar to sooth aching muscles. Nevertheless, these were minor concerns because the HL represents great value for money and is well worth a stay. I would definitely rebook again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
J1myd, Owner at Hunters Lodge, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments they are most appreciated.

The Velux window in this single bedded room you refer to can be opened and there is pole to do this in the room, if you had notified us about this we would most willingly opened this for you. We will advise all other guests concerning this in the future.

Look forward to being of assistance to you next time

Hunters Lodge.
Alcorcon, Spain
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I choose Hunter's lodge both for the good rates by other customers and a very competitive price. It offered the services I needed, including wi-fi, and was not far from the General Hospital, where I had work, nor Southampton commercial centre. Booking was fast and easy through the place's website. I got a tiny but charming warm garret, with a very comfortable bed and an almost new, clean bathroom, really silent. I also got a teapot, a generous selection of teas and soluble coffees and a piece of delicious pastry. And last, but not least, was the kindness and friendliness of Tim and Josie, the owners. The basic services of a hotel at half the price.

Room Tip: If you are to pass a lot of time or work in the room, do not book a basic single room. It is really...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Myriam,

Thank you we are most pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us. I am sorry that you found the single room rather smaller than you would have preferred but these rooms still have all the amenities necessary. The lounge and bar area has wifi access as well as a writing desk, standalone pc and printer and is available for guests to use should they need additional working space.

We hope we can be of assistance to you in the future.

Hunters Lodge, Southampton
Scotland
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Booked my 18 year old in who was travelling solo from Scotland to attend a university open day. I thought the price was good value for central Southampton and my son reported back that the B+B was much better than the hotel he'd stayed in the night before and Jim and team were very helpful so thanks for looking after him and making him feel at home!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
J1myd, Owner at Hunters Lodge, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments they are most welcome.

Hunters Lodge, Southampton
UK
Reviewed October 14, 2013

If you are looking for a reasonably priced B&B in Southampton this is the place! Hunters Lodge is in a quiet residential area with its own parking. The owner, JIm, was very friendly and helpful, providing a map of the local area and giving us information about places to eat. Also provided a map so that we could find our way to the cruise terminal the next day.

Our room was immaculate, had its own tea and coffee making facilities. The ensuite had a shower rather than a bath but this was not a problem as this would be my preference anyway.

An excellent full english breakfast was provided as well as juices, cereals and toast - you do not need to go hungry. Would definitely stay here again if in the area.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
J1myd, Owner at Hunters Lodge, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments and if you do go on another cruise we hope that we can be of assistance.

Hunters Lodge Southampton
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I found the whole experience enjoyable from arrival to my departure. The hosts were very friendly and professional. The parking was spot on. My room was very comfortable with en-suite bathroom and tea&coffee and milk at my bedside. I could go on but try it you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2013
Penryn, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in July as a pre cruise overnight. Room was very comfortable, tea and coffee making facilities. Breakfast was wonderful :-)
Hosts made you feel very welcome and nothing was any trouble.
Will definitely use Hunters Lodge again.

• Stayed July 2013