“Some interesting choices”

Trago Lounge
Ranked #200 of 912 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Trago Lounge is an informal, neighbourhood food led cafe/bar open all-day everyday where families, friends, and locals can come for a coffee, a drink, or something to eat in a relaxed comfortable environment.
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Nice place to meet family/mates on a weekend - interesting menu but a little let down by patchy service when we were there. Staff weren't totally on message but food was ok. Mix ups with orders and food arrived at different times. Not my favourite place to eat in the area but would still return.

Trago L, General Manager at Trago Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Hi,

Thank you very much for your feedback.
Since your visit we have made many changes at Trago Lounge including a completely new management team. We have also reviewed all of our staff training since then to make things run much smoother.

Hopefully we will see you again soon

Reviewed May 26, 2014

The food was ok,the portion extremely small!!! But the amount of time taken for our food to arrive 50 minutes?! Far too long! Our drinks were served promptly but were long gone when our meal arrived, some of your dishes were even cold!! Disappointing, but small improvements could make it the place to be as it is clean and the service is pleasant.

Trago L, General Manager at Trago Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2014

I would like to thank you for your feed back if you feel that you would like to discuss this matter in more detail please feel free to contact me Via my the Email Address of plastic-paddy@hotmail.co.uk and i would be more than happy to responded to any Issue.

Thanks again for you review.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

We have eaten at many of the Lounge group of restaurants and have always left satisfied - with the service, quality of food and value for money. This was our first visit to Trago's and we were disappointed. We were part of a large group so were restricted to the party menu, which didn't include our favourite choices. The party menu lists around 9 or so shared tapas dishes but when these were distributed along the long table, we only had access to around 5 of the dishes as each platter of 3 contained duplications. It was the main meal which we were particularly disappointed with. We ordered the falafel burger which sounds relatively appetising on the menu, however when it came it had the smallest amount of salsa (less than a teaspoon's worth) hidden under the smallest piece of lettuce. The falafel burger, whilst flavoursome, was very dry and combined with the large, dry toasted bun, was almost impossible to eat. Indeed, I left most of it on the plate and I saw other diners also leaving the large dry roll. More salad, more salsa and a smaller roll would have improved it considerably. Having eaten in other Lounge restaurants, I felt that as part of a group, we were being given the smallest portions possible. Cynically, this could be because when part of a large group you are less likely to complain. We didn't as we wanted to avoid spoiling the evening for others in the group, but we shall vote with our feet by not returning to the restaurant. It certainly was not value for money. On a positive note, the atmosphere was good and the staff were lovely - friendly, helpful, patient. I just wish the food was better!

Reviewed May 17, 2014

I have always appreciated the quality I come to expect from Trago and the other Lounges, I was particularly impressed the other night after liaising with Andy & Pete to host a friends surprise birthday party! Party of 12 for mixed Tapas starters followed by mains of our choosing of their party menu, all for £13.95 per head, BARGAIN! I can not begin to recommend the level of service and the quality of the food was superb, top that all with a good atmosphere that is actually family friendly, especially as my wife and I had our 8 week old infant with us too! Don't hesitate give them a try!!

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Our trip to Trago lounge on a delightful May morning was a very pleasant and enjoyable experience. The large windows allowed the rays of sunshine to beam through into our conversation. I come here very regularly and have always been impressed by the service that's been provided.

1  Thank Alex R