“Hit and Miss, mostly Hit though”
Review of Trago Lounge

Trago Lounge
Ranked #180 of 902 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Trago Lounge is an informal, neighbourhood food led cafe/bar open all-day everyday where families, friends, and locals can come for a coffee, a drink, or something to eat in a relaxed comfortable environment.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have had mixed receptions when visiting Trago. In general the staff are very polite and friendly, however at busy periods this can slip. Prices are very reasonable and comparable to that of high street coffee shops, although slightly more than independents in Portswood. The food is good throughout the day and the menu offers an adequate range. Pub quiz nights (Monday) are exceptionally good fun and well organised, although I would recommend arriving early, before the 8pm start, to secure good seats. In the summer there is also a good range of seating outside to the front and back of the premises.

2  Thank TADrinkwater

Reviewed August 16, 2013

My daughter ordered poached eggs toast and salmon only to be told that they could not cook eggs due to something going wrong in the kitchen so we ordered two rounds of toast with a side order of smoked salmon. This cost over £8!!!! We asked for brown bread but got white so had to send it back. When the toast finally arrived it was more like warm bread. Horrible!!! I noticed also that several people had to wait a very long time for their meal. One customer's order had clearly been forgotten. I used to like going to Tragos but I will give it a miss from now on. The management seems to have changed which has resulted in a shoddy approach, poor food quality and poor service

Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

We have visited this bar quite a few times in the past year our so and we are not going to go back again. We visited earlier this week for dinner and I ordered lounge eggs and bacon, my partner had a burger with bacon. Out first meals were sent back as they were wrong. My partners second meal was just about ok, my second meal was sent back as the eggs were barely cooked, the white of the eggs ran all over the plate! My third meal was barely ok...the eggs cooked bullet hard! If this was not bad enough a Workman was drilling in the wall during out meal to mend an electric plug point about 20 foot from our table. We had no real apology and this meal and service was simply unacceptable, hence our low score on here.

1  Thank em1234
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Food was badly presented/not so warm and really didn't go together. lacked taste greasy and pre-cooked reheated mash up. Burgers usually good tho.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

After one of our exams, a group of friends came here to have some tea and lunch. I had the soup of the day with a panini, and my friend had the eggy bread stack which was absolutely delicious. Service was a bit slow, however and the barmaid seemed slightly standoffish with a few of our group when we ordered. Nice that you can play scrabble and various other games there, though!