“Comfortable Stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Comfortable Stay”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Reception staff very capable and helpful. All staff encountered were polite and friendly. The room was comfortable, stayed in a "superior" room which was quite plain looking really, I did wonder what the standard must look like. The bed clothes were a worn out beige colour and probably due for an update. There were shortfalls in cleanliness, I saw dirty finger marks on the bathroom door handles which should have been wiped down.

Room Tip: Didn't like the separate toilet and bathroom much
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Novotel Hotels

Glenn_Findlay, General Manager at Novotel Southampton, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts here on tripadvisor, I am sorry that you found our superior rooms plan and I have also shared your feedback regarding our Cleanliness with the team which we have addressed. Again thank you for your feedback and we do hope to see you again soon.
Glenn Findlay | General Manager | Novotel Southampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed May 5, 2014

i stayed there the weekend just past for my sons 2nd birthday. conveinent for peppa pig world. the rooms were perfect, the cover manager who was looking after the place while the general manager was away was excellent. the best service we got though was from a lovely waitress who looked after myself, my mum and nan. also my fiance and our son after getting back really late on sunday for a late dinner. we didnt get her name but she was the only female waitress on sunday evening in the main resturant. my son loved her and she wasnt allowed to move from his site. she also let my nan have a kids menu as she doesnt eat much. so if the general manager looks at trip advisor please pass on my thanks to both the covering bank bank holiday manager and the lovely waitress.also for breakfast on monday the manager ran to the other hotels to get a baby high chair as all were taken. im a resturant manager myself and if i was working in southampton i would have stolen them both from you. many thanks

1 Thank madrobbie
It is great to read your review and we are so happy you and your family enjoyed your stay with us here at Novotel Southampton. I think we have a fantastic team too and I will be sharing your thoughts with the team here. Again thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts here and we will be looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I come to the Novotel for work and I must say that I love it!

The rooms are always nice and clean, you get free wifi for 24 hours and the breakfast is smashing. Try the little fresh pancake maker and the back of the breakfast bar - they are delicious!!

The only thing I am not as keen on is the dinner menu - it's been the same for a while and is pricey. When I come here I tend to go over to the TGI's as they do a good set menu for £16.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank JGCMorrison
Many thanks for your kind words; it is great hearing from a regular guest. Thank you for your feedback regarding our Breakfast, I like our pancake maker too – they taste great in the morning. I have noted your comment regarding our Dinner menu, these changes seasonally and I have feed your comments back to the team. Again thank you for your kind words and we are looking forward to having you back with us soon.
Cornwall
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Executive room, well equipped, clean. Complementary water, bath robes, toiletries etc. Booked early, good value for money. Breakfast was excellent with a good choice. Complementary WiFi was a bonus too!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for posting your thoughts here on tripadvisor. I am thrilled to read you enjoyed our executive room and we are looking forward to seeing you in the near future.

New Forest National Park Hampshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Checked in to hotel at 7pm and had to be back out for 7.30pm as we were having dinner with the Mayor of Southampton ( Oh get me!) Back to sleep only BUT DID NOT LIKE THE TOILET IN A CUPBOARD( she says in capital letters to express the dislike even more) Also the terrible artex / chipboard walls and ceiling were less than appealing! However the breakfast was absolutely perfect. The dining room was quiet and we had a table at the back of the room by the window. The menu was superb and the waiting staff were extremely attentive ( without being in your face) I would have liked some kind of fish option but nevertheless there was an adequate selection. Would I stay here again? If I could have a room with the toilet in the bathroom YES as that was a big no no for me. Staff wise, I would employ them all ! :)

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank rubyred456
Many thanks for your review, I am sorry you did not find the Bathroom configuration to your liking we do have several accessible rooms that do have the toilet in the Bathroom for future reference. We were thrilled to read that you enjoyed our Breakfast and we do hope that we will see you again in the future.
Steyning, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Nice, clean modern room and very friendly reception staff and duty manager. We had looked forward to a 'swim' before dinner but the pool is just over 11 feet wide - more of a cosy communal bath.
Maybe just a personal thing, since no one else seems to have mentioned it, but you can't turn the air conditioning 'OFF'; you can only control the temperature. Which means the fan runs all night.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your thought here. Our swimming pool is 7.8m x 3.4m. I have noted your comments regarding the air flow in your room and we do hope that you choose us again if coming to Southampton in the future.