Novotel Southampton
  • Bar/Lounge
Star Hotel(Southampton)
The Winston Hotel(Southampton)
1,872 results
All reviewsseparate toiletpolice stationexecutive roomtgi fridayspancake machinemini fridgeaccor hotelscar parkretail parkswimming poolsofa bedgood sizecruise terminalwest quay shopping centreper daypre cruiseleisure facilities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We were very pleased with our stay here, it was very comfortable and staff very friendly. Nice hotel, good location.

Make sure you know exactly where the hotel is located as we drove passed it a couple of times because it was not visit from the road. Can be spotted by its sister hotel the Ibis which can be spotted from the main road.

Room Tip: See if you can get a room of top floor, that overlooks the docks and surounding areas.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Glenn_Findlay, General Manager at Novotel Southampton, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am glad you were pleased with your stay and we do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

stayed here for two nights. small but clean room and quiet. check in was efficient. there is small flat screen and the remote did not work.beds are uncomfortable. did not eat there as there is a mcdonalds there for breakfast. on last day i asked for extended check out and they offered 10/ hr which was fine however when i came back to get m key reactivated the front desk told me that they had checked me out and they dont know where my stuff was. after they got me fuming for a few minutes the manager came and said that was inaccurate??! If you have to be in that area for a short visit the hotel is ok I guess but I would try the premier inn or IBis about the same quality but certainly much cheaper.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Thanks you for taking the time to post your thoughts here on tripadvisor. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion, I am sorry for the confusion regarding your room and rest assured we would never move or relocate any guests belonging without their prior knowledge and authorisation. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Glenn_Findlay, General Manager at Novotel Southampton, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend at an event in Southampton. Hotel is good size and rooms very comfortable. Free wifi makes up for the charge for parking. Breakfast was cold which was very disappointing given it was quite expensive. I stayed in a high level floor and the hotel reminded me of a stay at novotel sharm el sheikh. Would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Glenn_Findlay, General Manager at Novotel Southampton, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Thank you for your kind words I was happy to read you enjoyed our free wifi and have shared your comments with my head chef as it was disappointing to read your breakfast was cold. Again thanks for your comments and we do hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I came to stay at this hotel on 30th August, the night before I set up off for my cruise to Norway, cannot fault this hotel at all, excellent customer service, had a call from reception just after I had checked into my room, asking if i was happy with the room, which was a nice part of customer service, food at breakfast was nice.. cannot fault the hotel at all, and will most certainly stay there again if I decide to go on another cruise. And not too far from the railway station and cruise terminals.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. We hope you had a great cruise and do hop to see you again soon.