Novotel Southampton
Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7(Southampton)(Great Value!)
$76
$63
$90
$75
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Highfield House Hotel(Southampton)(Great Value!)
$54
$77
$75
$78
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Southampton Airport Hotel(Southampton)(Great Value!)
$63
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Southampton City Centre Hotel(Southampton)(Great Value!)
$64
1,886 results
All reviewsseparate toiletpolice stationexecutive roomtgi fridayspancake machinemini fridgeaccor hotelscar parkretail parkswimming poolsofa bedgood sizecruise terminalwest quay shopping centreper daypre cruiseleisure facilities
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Very well located hotel in excellent condition near shops and family places to eat such as TGI Fridays, gifts from the hotel for our little ones, very good breakfast to 11am which is convenient, breakfast staff made an extra effort when they noticed it was my daughter's birthday and brought out a cake and sung to her, excellent effort. This company is doing things right. Mark of 3/5 for cleanliness because my daughter picked up a tablet capsule when we entered the room on arrival and fortunately have it to my wife, otherwise the room was clean.

• Stayed: July 2013
Glenn_Findlay, General Manager at Novotel Southampton, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Many thanks for your review; I was glad to read our team showed true hospitality in singing Happy Birthday to your Daughter, I will be sharing this with our team. I am sorry your daughter found something from a previous guest in your room I would be grateful if you could contact me on glenn.findlay@accor.com so I may get some more details of this unfortunate event. Again thank you for your review and we do hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I have stated at this hotel for 3 if the last 4 weeks and its an excellent hotel and great food and service.
People on here complain about £5 parking - Get Real people its by the docks and you try and find anywhere in Southampton to park for less.
I have one criticism why is the toilet in the executive rooms around the corner with no sink. Please can't it be in the bathroom as this is unhygenic. Unfortunately I can't get in for next week so I have downgraded myself to the ibis but its in a fab location and in a short walking distance if shops bars and restaurants. Will be back soon

• Stayed: July 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on our Hotel, it is always nice to hear from a regular guest and I am glad you are enjoying the hotel. I have taken on board your comments regarding the Bathroom configuration; it is a design that is in a large number of Novotels. Again thank you for your comments – I will be sharing them with our team here. We do hope you enjoy your stay at the Ibis and we do hope to see you back here again soon.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We (2 adults 2 small kids) stayed 2 nights here recently.
Its a Novotel and one of 5 we stayed in on our recent travels so the similarities are obvious!
On the positive side, the pool was a hit with the family. Its a stones throw from the city and other shopping possibilities. Location also superb for Paultons (peppa pig world) or trips to Stonehenge etc.). Outdoor parking is shared with an ibis and ibis budget and is a very reasonable 5pounds per night. The room only rate we paid was very reasonable and good value for money. The drinks at the bar are also very reasonably priced and their Murphys was as good as you'd get in Ireland thanks to diligent work by the friendly bar staff there in weekly line maintenance. And unlike many continental Novotels, the bathroom is tiled with ceramic fittings so far nicer than the plastic cubicles that are functional but nothing more.
Theres no proper airconditioning in the hotel (thanks to the local council vetoing hotel plans I was told) but there is central "air cooling" which to be honest was more than adequate despite the warm weather.
On the negative the breakfast is the normal expensive Novotel offering so we opted to skip that. At the bar theres no selection of decent english beers, even something like London Pride or something regional.
I'd also say that in general the hotel is a little rough round the edges. The corridors a little shabby with most wooden elements having unrepaired damage, bits of bluetack about the lift, play area not properly cleaned, the carpark also strewn with litter, the delivery area far from an advertisment for the hotel and broken/ loose flagstones on the way to the reception also not making a great first impression.
Just a little TLC would go a long way to making a good hotel a far better one.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to read on a whole you did enjoy your stay and I will be passing on your comments regarding our great team especially our Bar team who do take pride in delivering the best possible products. I have passed on your comments relating to our beer selection to our UK Novotel F&B Committee for consideration. We have taken on board our comments regarding our corridors and entry and again thank you for your comments. We do hope to see you again soon.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed July 19, 2013

The Novotel, Southampton, England is ideal for anyone taking a cruise from this city. It is less than a 10 minute walk from both the bus and train stations. Direct bus service from Heathrow takes you to the hotel with 2 hours. A cab ride to the port is very inexpensive. Novotel is centrally located for walking or taking a free bus ride around the city. The hotel is clean, comfortable, and functional. The staff is very pleasant and accomodating. Malls and restaurants are a short walk away. The Novotel fulfils all travelers' requirements for comfortable lodgings and great location.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ILVTTRVL

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope to see you again soon.