Grand Harbour Hotel
$110
$86
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7(Southampton)(Great Value!)
$99
$82
$111
$105
  • Pool
Highfield House Hotel(Southampton)(Great Value!)
$56
$83
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Southampton City Centre Hotel(Southampton)(Great Value!)
2,063 results
All reviewscruise packagecruise terminalone night staybuffet styleshopping centregood nights sleepwest quayatriumshipportdocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Spent 3 days. After first day they either don't or forgot to clean room, came back at night and had to request a change of towels. Afternoon of second day we had to again ask for towels and also for them to clean our garbage. I don't mind staying in the same bed condition for 3 days but it would have been nice for them to at least make a modest clean up. Twice we went into the bar for a drink each time we waited 20 minutes for service, first time i went to the bar and ordered my self. Second time we just left. Breakfast was nice and service was supurb. Upon initial checkin they had one person, I was third in line so that wasn't a problem for me. By the time I left checkin the line was 10 deep. We came down to the bar 20 minutes latter and the line was still 10 deep and no other receptionist other than the same person.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John J
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and we checked in with no problems the lady was very polite and helpful.
We got to our room to find a sofa and chair which we weren't exepecting some things needed some attention which were covered in dust ( phone, light shades, bedside table etc) other than that we were pleasently satisfied with our room.
Breakfast was plentiful and very nice although staff were struggling on sat and sun morning trying to clear tables but we didn't have to wait too long.
Nice garden area with ducks, turtle to have a drink and the staff were very pleasent and helpful.
We had an evening meal which was lovely in Number 5 maybe a tad expensive but was worth it.
Check out was very slow waited around 10 minutes and it wasn't that busy. I was disappointed with the parking at £10 per night so for the weekend it cost an extra £30 on top of the bill.
I will stay again here but maybe look for a slightly better deal as Expedia charged me more than the hotel itself

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank SarahMLeeW
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Having read previous reviews we were really quite concerned that we had made the wrong choice in choosing the Grand Harbour! Nothing could be further from the truth!!

We were a party of 4 and had reserved two King De Vere Deluxe rooms, which were next to each other and on a high floor. I rang a few days ahead of arriving to 'double check' the booking (as I do) and spoke to Shikar (back office) who was extremely helpful and ensured that all was as requested i.e. close together, high floor and seaview....

Our rooms, numbers 313 and 315 were extremely comfortable and provided all you could want e.g. Tea/coffee, Fridge (cold for own use), Trouser press, Safe, Iron/Board / Fan (in addition to the climate control which was very efficient) / Hairdryer, etc., etc... Room 315 also had a small balcony. Yes, as many reviewers have commented, a little TLC is required but this did NOT detract from the comfort or overall wonderful stay that we had.

ALL the staff were very helpful and friendly, nothing was too much trouble. On reception Tom and Lizzie deserve a note of appreciation and thanks and all in Restaurant 5, too many to name. The hotel is fantastically staffed in numbers and attitude, there was always someone available (with a smile), which was brilliant.

We had dinner and two breakfasts and can't fault anything. The quality (and quantity) was excellent and so were the choices, thanks go to the chefs.

The swimming pool / sauna / jacuzzi / gym / changing facilities were excellent and opened at 07.00am even on Sunday so plenty of time for a quick swim or workout! One of us had an express facial in the spa, which she really enjoyed.

The location of the hotel is excellent and almost opposite the 'City Cruise Terminal' if that is helpful to any reader. We were able to park in the hotel car park, which is fairly large, but as advised it is 'first come first served'.

So all in all, we had a wonderful two night stay and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank janm6
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I have stayed here a couple of times, when it first opened and a few years ago. Check in was fine, a little slow but i was in no rush. I asked for as sea view room and was told that would be an extra 20 pounds, why not i thought. I got to the room and oh dear. house keeping really need to look at their standards. No other words for it, dirty. This is meant to be at the top of the range, why then is there gum on the carpet, dust on the side tables, the hand basin in the bathroom needs a good clean, the bath grouting is mouldy and the taps are full of lime scale.
Its not all bad. The staff are good, the bar staff pay attention and listen, they want to serve you. I did not eat in the restaurant but did have a club sandwich in the bar, really nice but 14.00.......?
If i have to be honest for 120.00 I did not get what i wanted. I will stay at the Premiere Inn next time and have a slap up mean with the money I save. Come on De Vere show the Grand some respect and upgrade our batrooms.

Room Tip: don't bother paying the extra for a sea view. If staying more than one night go into town, its only a 5 minute walk.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jonte T
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My boyfriend took me here as a surprise for my birthday. The outside facade is very beautiful and adds a bit of pizazz to your visit. We were very nicely greeted by Tom who is helpful, knowledgable and a good giggle! Our room was... Lovely. We didn't have the best room, and a pretty poor view but it still made you 'ahhh' when you came in. It was clean and roomy. We had no hot water for our stay, and although nothing was done about it, the team were very apologetic and we got some money off the weekend. The manager, Stephen, very amicable in the situation. The swimming pool area needs some updating but the spa and gym was very flash! Alot of money is due to be spent on the hotel in the next year so I expect things can only get better! The people definitely make the stay here.... Would recommend :)

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple