“Well worth a visit!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Can't believe that we have never found this restaurant before now- especially as we eat out very regularly in Southampton!
The restaurant was busy with several large parties, but the service was still excellent, and all the waiting staff were competent and friendly.
We thought the menu was a good mix of classic Italian and other dishes, and we were not disappointed by our selection from the main menu (although there was also a specials board available).
The food was really well presented, piping hot and really tasty and enjoyable-delicious!
We will definitely be back again and would recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank 123-sues

Reviewed January 3, 2013

The food was excellent! The service was great too. I was visiting a friend I hadn't seen in a long time so we had lots of catching up to do. We got to choose where we sat, beside the window which was nice. Really nice atmosphere. We were chatting away and felt in no rush at all, our waiter was lovely. The food was amazing. I often feel disappointed with pasta in Italian restaurants as it can lack flavour. But the salmon ravioli I had was devine! Very impressed. Great restaurant for any occasion I think, and definitely for a romantic date too. Reasonably priced.

1  Thank gemmxx
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We had a superb meal here at lunch time and would recommend this Italian restaurant to any one,who likes Italian food well cooked and well presented at a very fair price.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We just love going to Milan, it's only fair we tell others how good the food and service is.
Everyone we have taken their have enjoyed it and looking forward to our next visit.

1  Thank HappyHolidays186299
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Firstly, I hate giving negative reviews because I think every restaurant has the opportunity to improve but this isn't really a negative review, just a bit of advice to any couples who would like a nice quiet Italian restuarant, whether it be an anniversary, first date, etc and would like it to be romantic or a little more personal.

I booked a table for 20:00 on Tuesday 23rd October 2012 for our first anniversary. I had done a bit of a google search for local restaurants and came across Milan, which has great reviews and was apparently good for couples & romance - ideal. I also asked for their most romantic table when I booked. As we walked towards the door we could hear the noise from inside and I instantly had the feeling that this wouldn't be the romantic evening that I had hoped for. When we arrived, the waiter went to check the book and had a word with the manager as it appeared they didn't know where to sit us. Pretty much all tables were occupied with parties of 2's, 3's, 4's or 6's and it was so loud you could barely hear yourself think. Normally on a general night out with mates this is no problem as you can sit back and have a laugh, but we wanted a romantic evening and there was no way this was going to happen.

The waiter split two tables of four (which were orignally together to make one table of eight) and my wife and I were allocated one of these tables. We were at the first table you come to when you walk into the restaurant so would have people constantly walking past us - not the romantic table that I had originally asked for, but I understand that these are requests and it is not certain I would get it.

We thought that we are here now so why not give it a try so we ordered a drink, however after about 5 mins, the noise of the chatter and music was really off-putting for the type of evening we wanted so we decided to go elsewhere. We were honest with the waiter and explained our situation. He was very apologetic and understood where we were coming from. He did add that they had orginally had an alternative table reserved for us but a group of four came in just before we did and unfortunately they were given our table. I didn't quite understand this as if we had booked a table and it had been reserved, why was it given to someone else? I had ordered a pint of Peroni (had about 4 sips) and my wife had a small lemonde (not yet touched) and we were told we just had to pay for our drinks. Again not an issue, but because they had given our table away and told us and were very apologetic, i thought a nice gesture on their part of waving the cost of the practically untouched drinks would have gone a long way.

Anyway, we ended up going to Scoozie in Oxford Street and had a lovely meal in a quiet and romantic restaurant, which is just what we wanted. I think we would definitely go back to Milan and actually experience the restaurant as it appears to be a great place for a group of friends with a lively and vibrant atmosphere, but it is certainly not a place for couples who are looking for a romantic evening.

Hopefully this will help clarify things for other people similar to myself who are looking for that special place with a romantic ambience.

2  Thank Lee J