“Generally Enjoyable”

Nautical Nellie's
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2012

It was a lovely warm evening and this restaurant is ideally positioned alongside the Hamble river. The food was very good and reasonably priced. The staff were very pleasant. My one gripe was that it took too long to deliver what we're fairly simple meals given that the restaurant was not very busy. Still, we will return.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

Living in this area for most of my life, I was suprised to find Nautical Nellies as I had no idea it existed! I recently visited for coffee and cake one weekday morning and was suitably impressed. The coffee is "proper" - I had a lovely cappuccino, and the cake was yummy.

I tried to visit last night, hoping that it was open for dinner, to discover it is not open after 5.30pm Mon-Thur. I was very disappointed as had seen their Burger menu when visited for coffee, but reading the review below mine, I can now see that it is closed for private functions on weekday evenings. It is in such a great location, and the decor is very modern with a nautical theme (not surprisingly!), so I will definitely be going back again when it IS open!

Reviewed May 9, 2012

Visited nautical nellies on a regular basis and can see why some of the reviews are mixed. We have excellent service and sometimes slow but usually good. However NN does allow you to hire the venue midweek evenings and provide a buffet at a reasonable price. This is the second year that we have held our sons birthday there and can honestly say what a fantastic experince. We plugged our own iPod into their system and so had our own playlist. As our son is disabled so he and his friends had loads of room and access and felt really special having the place to ourselves. With lots of parking and a bar on hand was great for all our guests and have nothing but praise for the caring approach. NN you don't know how much it means to parents like us to be made to feel welcome and so we hope to see you again next year.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

I've been here twice, both times after walking from Warsash. The first time was just for tea with a friend, long wait for it to be brought to table and expensive. Second time I was on my own with my dog and fancied an ice cream, so tied up my dog in the garden and stood at the ice cream counter. 3 members of staff walked past me several times and were making drinks at the bar (which is within speaking distance) but not once did any of them acknowledge me or say they would be with me shorthly. I could hear my dog crying outside as i had left her, after about 7 mins a man approached the bar and one of the staff members preceeded to serve him, so I walked out.

1  Thank agadircamels
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We stopped at Nautical Nellie's when walking along the river Hamble. We had our dogs with us so sat out in the garden. We had hot drinks and although there was a bit of a wait for the drinks to be brought out to us they were well worth the wait and we were not in a rush and enjoyed the scenery (I must add that the staff did tell my husband they were short staffed and there would be delay - it was not problem)