“Fantastic Veggie Food”
Review of Indian Melody

Indian Melody
Ranked #72 of 909 Restaurants in Southampton
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: the first and only authentic indian vegetarian restarant in Hampshire
Reviewed February 12, 2013

6 of us went out for my birthday celebration and when the manager found out I was kindly presented with a small but charming bottle of prosecco. The food was fantastic and the ambience was entertaining. The manager came over to offer his recommendations, we observed a few of them and were pleasantly surprised. It was an evening that was made into an event. As a pretty competent chef myself its good when a restaurant offers not only good food but a dining experience that is impossible to recreate at home.

I can only thank the manager and staff for a fantastic evening and I am looking forward to my next visit.

1  Thank James C

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I visited this restraunt, with 2 friends, not realising that it was a vege restraunt. The owner was very polite and made some recomendations some of which we took him up on. the other staff were charming and attentive.
The food we had was exelent, as 3 carniverous people we were all pleasently surprised with just how good it was.
we had initially popped out for a quick bit and ended here until closing time. I recomend this experience to anyone who is into indian food and anyone who has visitied India.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I commute through Southampton frequently, and really look forward to a meal here every time I do. It is a vegetarian restaurant, and although I am a meat eater this is one of my favourite restaurants!

The masala dosa is to die for, everything I've tried I've loved. I've also tried the all you can eat lunch buffet, and it had a good choice of dishes for a good price (£6.99)

The thing I like best is that everything isn't swimming in oil - its healthy, flavoursome, delicious, authentic Indian food. Worth a visit.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

this was the first time i ever visited an vege restauraunt. i must say as the place is unique the servers can be a bit pushy into making you order. but when i actually decided what i wanted i really enjoyed it and couldnt tell no differnce wether or not it was a vege dish. would recommened but the servers cant be so pushy to get your order

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I went here with my friend as she is vegetarian, it was lovely for her to have her choce of anything on the menue for once! The food is not "Westernised" which is great. The staff are very friendly and talked to us about our jobs ect.