“Really, really good.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Indian Melody

Indian Melody
Ranked #147 of 840 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: the first and only authentic indian vegetarian restarant in Hampshire
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Really, really good.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Never found s'ton very good for food. I check trip adv and saw the reviews for this place.

It was great - probably the best Indian food I've had. Ever. Very fresh.

Unlike other posters,I liked the owner. When reviewers were using the word 'weird' I was expecting an Indian Jimmy Savile. Instead, I found him really enthusiastic and helpful. We were the last table in the place and he chatted away - think very enthusiastic Indian Businessman. Bare in mind this bloke (an actual Indian!) is single handedly taking on the Anglo curry establishment i.e. Bangladeshis serving up mass produced, pre-cooked sauce food - orange gloop, pink gloop, bit more chillie for hot, etc.

Try not to over order. Avoid poppadoms; go for one of the starters instead.

We're going back again.

Oh, decor and bulding are pretty good too. The open kitchen is fascinating.

Shame I can't get to soton early enough to try the Indian breakfast.

1 Thank Mark H

Southampton, England, United Kingdom
“Festive Indian Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

Mid Dec I joined around fifty people for what was one of the best genuine Indian meals I have ever had. The starters kept me busy for almost an hour before we tucked into a tray of food with several selections of curries, gravies, chutney and pickles. Hope to get back there soon.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Beautiful food presented beautifully”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

I'm not a vegetarian, but I may become one. I loved the food here. I have eaten Indian food for years, but I have never had the selection or choice from here. Go! You won't regret it!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mordo33
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Graduation greatness”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

The owner was eccentric and we liked it. We were unsure of an all vegetarian menu but as a group of meat eaters we all loved it! The starters in particular were delicious and it didn't matter that we didn't know what we were eating as it tasted so good! The owner recommended various dishes and explained what everything was which added to the dining experience. Definitely worth a visit!

1 Thank Garethm1982
Leicester
“Restaurant with a unique approach.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

When visiting the Indian Melody Restaurant, my three friends and I were unaware it was a "Vegetarian only" restaurant.

After a lengthy informative discussion with the restaurant owner who sat down at our table to talk about the menu, we all decided to give it a try and were not at all disappointed by the end of the 3 courses.

I wholeheartedly recommend anyone to pay a visit to Indian Melody - the food was superb and great value!!!

1 Thank Steve674