“A must go :)” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Coriander Lounge

Coriander Lounge
Ranked #30 of 840 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“A must go :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

One of our new favourites! I had already heard good things about this place and was not left disappointed :)

The food was fantastic and it looked as good as it tasted.

The service was phenomenal, they couldnt do enough for you and it was brilliant value for money.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

• Polish first
Eastleigh, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing, not what I expected.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

We had wanted to go to this restaurant for a very long time now, we had continuously week after week tried to book but it was consistently busy. Finally, I tried to book for my boyfriends birthday and we got a reservation. Looking forward to it all week, we arrive this evening and it was packed. Which to be honest, is not something you normally see in an Indian restaurant, but have great hope we were in for a treat. We were greeted in a nice and friendly manner and ordered our drinks, I ordered one Coke and one diet coke. We received two diet cokes, but didn't necessarily mind that to be honest. We had a look through the menu and there was an extensive amount of choice, which was great.

We were looking through the menu and then a waiter (I believe he must have been managerial staff because of the clothes he was wearing was different to the rest of the staff), he did not ask if we were ready to order, which we were not by the way, and he didn't treat us with well manners either. He pointed at us all individually and then told us off saying he just wanted our starter orders. After taking our starters, then wanted our mains and again, pointed individually at us. I felt like I was at school. Also, midway through our order he felt it appropriate to shout over us at a member of staff, not sure what about because he did not speak in English, and then continued on with no apology for the rude interruption. He also got huffy because, as I mentioned before, we weren't ready to order and so a friend of mine was still taking a minute to decide. After finally taking our order then stormed off without a peep.

Our starter came out which were very nice, I personally ordered the chicken chat which was lovely. Then the plates were whisked away very quickly and shortly after our mains arrived. Two of my friends said their dishes were too hot for them, which perhaps I would advise a slightly more detailed description on heats in the menu is required perhaps? I personally found my meal delicious, especially the peshwari naan was lovely. Once we had finished, our plates were taken straight off us again. 2 minutes later we were given dessert menus, we didn't want dessert and wasn't asked it if we wanted to look just given it. So we were then sat there for 5-10minutes waiting for them to come back over so we could say we didn't. We were offered a free liqueur which was a nice gesture and the waiter at this point was very nice and friendly.

The whole procedure in the restaurant was rushed, I felt as if we were causing them an inconvenience being there. Staff was constantly running back and forth behind us which was understandable because it was so busy, but seemed like they just wanted to get people out. The restaurant was so noisy, felt like we were in mcdonalds rather than an indian restaurant. We never had the same waiter at any point, we must have seen at least 5 different people, majority of them were not friendly. I don't think we will be going back to this restaurant again, not voluntarily at least. There are plenty of Indian restaurants in and around Southampton which I will now be choosing over this one.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank SarahMerc
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Amazing Takeaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

I've not eaten in Coriander Lounge, but it is always packed when I walk past on my way home in the evening - which I take as a good sign!! However, the takeaway I ordered from there was incredible! Definitely ranks up there with the nicest Indian food I have had in the UK. Plenty of meat, beautiful blends of spices, great menu choices and plenty of it!! Was excellent value for takeaway too - with a discount! Will definitely go back and eat in next time!!

East Yorks
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Ranks as one of the best meals we have ever had. Good menu and reasonable prices. Waiters friendly and efficient even though the place was packed.lots of locals and large parties Just wish we lived nearer Southampton. Will definitely book and go here again when next in the area.

• Visited June 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We called in tonight on our way back to Kent after a boating weekend.
The food was mainly buffet as this is what they offer on a Sunday evening. Lots of great food freshly cooked and not normally being a lover of buffet style food I was very impressed overall.

Definitely recommend this place and will return soon.