“Excellent”

Coriander Lounge
Ranked #25 of 894 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

Great service, great food, excellent menu why more can you say.
I always tend to have the thali and it is delicious!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,504)

Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is a small but always very busy Indian restaurant. The food is simply amazing and a very large (maybe too large) menu to choose from. Getting a table even as we did on a mid-week day is difficult so be sure to book.
I did feel from the moment we sat down there was a sense of urgency to get us to chose out food, be served and present the bill. This maybe because they are so poplar they want to get the next customers in. This style of service really let down an otherwise delicious meal.
The price for two starters, two mains, two sides and six drinks was £65 - which I thought was very good value for the quality of the food.
My advice to the owner would be just to slow the service slightly and be attentive to your customers to rate you a 5 on my next visit!

1  Thank HowardSouthampton
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Four of us returned to the Coriander last night and I'm pleased to say that despite being very busy ( the number of people they have to turn away at the door is quite amazing ) the standard of food and service remains of the highest quality.
I had left it quite late to make a booking ( essential on a Saturday ) but the proprietor managed to squeeze us in early in the evening, yet we never felt rushed or pressured into eating up and getting out!
Judging by how well patronised this restaurant is, all of England must have heard about it.
This is superior cooking, give yourself a treat!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Had to get a takeaway cos the restaurant was full and didnt fancy waiting for 45 minutes. As a frequent traveller who has had his share of good and bad restaurants, this is definitely one of the better ones i have come across. The pieces of chicken were a bit too large for my taste cos the flavour doesnt go all the way in leaving the centre bland. It was really well cooked though. Not the biggest place in the world by any means but really surprised by the speed at which my food arrived. Didnt even have to wait for 10 minutes! Definitely recommended.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

The food in coriander lounge truly is the most amazing Indian in Southampton, I absolutely LOVE the poppadoms.
However the service used to be amazing although over the last year it has gone massively down hill. I find them to be quite rude and unattentive. I guess because its so popular but it seems they have enough staff to attend to everyone.
Shame as the food is amazing it keeps me coming back but they need to sort the service out!!
Oh and its great value for money too!