“Lovely guest house”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Southampton
Amberley Guest House
Ranked #24 of 43 Southampton B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Amberley Guest House whilst visiting a friend who happens to live a few doors down the road from it. Though we were only there for one night, we were made to feel very welcome and comfortable by Eliana who is so lovely you almost feel like you've been welcomed into her home. Our room was very nice and comfortable, breakfast was great and the car park at the front made life a lot easier than it otherwise would have been (parking in this area of Southampton being at a premium, based on my previous experience). The guest house is also in a good location for venturing into the centre of Southampton and getting to the nightlife areas.

I will definitely be staying here again on my next trip down and would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: We were in a ground floor room at the front (possibly 1A). Despite being close to a busy road, it wa...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed there for one month during my course of english and I was feeling like a part of familly..Eliana and Peter are always dispose to help and chatting
The ambient of house is really warm,always maintained and extremely clean.
If you like cooking they have nice kitchen to prepare food by yourself,if not,breakfast is original English and abundant.
I don't hesitate to recommend Amberley B&B for any reason if you have to stay in Southampton.
Josip B.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed here with my wife in November and we had a truly wonderful experience. Eliana and her husband Peter are so helpful and extremely warm welcoming people. The guesthouse is incredibly clean and you can see they pay attention to detail. Very satisfied! Great value for money.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

I was recommended Amberley lodge guest house by a family member who had previously stayed here and was delighted by their quality, cleanliness and their warm and loving atmosphere.
Prior to this we booked in for a 6 month stay. We instantly feel in love with the home and its owners. Not only are Eliana and Peter the bnb owners but they are and have become very close friends with me and previous guests.
I would always recommend Amberley lodge to anyone who is looking for a bnb in Southampton!

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank murraya123
Reviewed July 3, 2012

If you are looking to feel home away from home this is the place for you. Both owners are extremely nice and welcoming, and every guest feels as if they are coming in to a warm Italian home. The breakfast is good with a nice selection of cold and hot options are available. The rooms are decorated as mom would, with comfortable bedding and as many pillows as you might need. The b&b overall is clean and if we have to point out a negative feature, our only inconvenience was the shower. The temperature and the pressure were not easy to figure out and once you thought you had it, it would drastically change. Therefore, we opted out showering, and since the owners were so nice we did not have the guts to let them know our concern over such a small detail. Overall, the b&b is great value for money, with amazing hosts and a very comfy feel.

Room Tip: It's a city, so please be aware that traffic or outside noise is possible, but we slept very wel...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FsuGaby
Reviewed June 17, 2012

The bed and breakfast is lovely! Impecabbly clean and the breakfasts are lovely. The owners are so kind and always willing to help you out. I was very suprised by how little you have to pay to stay!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank marmiterupert
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I stayed at Amberley Guest House for 1 month due to a visiting period at the University of Southampton. Eliana and Peter have always been very friendly and helpful. When my family joined me for two weeks (I have two children aged 2 and 5), it was like being at home!
The rooms, bathrooms and the common areas are clean and well furnished. The location is very convenient for both the city centre/train station and the Common (a wonderful park within the city). The University (Highfield Campus) can be reached in 15 min by bike.
Overall I recommend this guest house both for business and for families.

Room Tip: Rooms on ground level have a better wireless connection!
Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business