“A lucky find!”
Review of Brunswick Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Southampton
Brunswick Lodge
Ranked #26 of 44 Southampton B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We had been looking for accommodation in the Shirley area where our daughter had recently moved but could find nothing on the internet. However, by a stroke of good luck we were using Google maps to navigate around Southampton and Brunswick Lodge showed up on the map in Anglesea Road. We fronted up on the off chance of making a booking for the following weekend and were met by Denise who was able to offer a twin room with ensuite.
We subsequently returned to a warm welcome by Denise and Roger who immediately made us feel at home. The property is beautifully maintained, furnished and decorated to a high standard as other reviews have mentioned and the room servicing first class. Even though the busy Winchester Road is nearby there is very little traffic noise heard in the house due to the solid construction and double glazing. The breakfast menu offers a lot of choice and all our cooked selections nicely presented and delicious. We found the lodge so convenient and comfortable we came back the following weekend. Denise and Roger have made it their business to offer a very fine standard of accommodation at a very fair price. The location is not only good for access to several hospitals but also for visiting the city in general and the off-road parking is a real boon.
Brunswick Lodge will be our first port of call when we visit Southampton again.
Denise and Roger, it was a pleasure to meet you - we wish you well.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ellfams

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Came very highly recommend, so i though why not give it a try....1st off i cant fault it great location..i stopped here because its close to my work for me..first time was met by denise a very lovely person to chat to as well.. my first stay was was for 2 nights 21 22 sept..room was a twin room immaculate could not fault it one bit...beds linen clean and fresh..towels as well clean and fresh daily...had a showers almost straight away and wow i could have stood under which i did for ages lol..stayed again this past weekend 27 28 29..had a single room and but this time roger met meet lol..and denise said straight away hi mark .. and that means alot to me :)..3 perfect nite sleeps..value for money ther is nothing out ther... yes u can go for your prem inns or travelodge but will u ever get that friendly feeling and atmosphere no never.only downside..i could only get a bfast on a monday morning as early starts for me ..lol..

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I discovered this B n B after needing medical treatment, and wanted somewhere to stay nearby. Roger and Denise are very welcoming and sensitive to the fact many of their guests have loved ones in nearby hospitals. They were respectful of the fact I arrived late and left early. The place was very clean, comfortable, and although a little dated, that added to the character of the place. I have stayed here three times, twice with an en-suite double room and once with a single room. Each time it has been lovely. The breakfast is super and is a combination of continental and Full English. The WiFI is free and there is lots of parking. It was very reasonably priced and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jerry T
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My stay at Brunswick Lodge has been just what was needed as I was here to be with my father whilst my mum had heart surgery. I was made to feel very welcome and Roger even offered me a lift to the hospital in his car on the 1st day as time was tight. Thank you so much for all your care and attention to making my stay very pleasant at what has been a very worrying time. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I used this B&B as my Dad was in Southampton General. It is conveniently located to the hospital. I had an interesting conversation booking the room the day before with Denise and felt as though I was putting myself out by booking the room trying to fit in around their engagements for check in!

But that aside, once I was greeted by Roger at the door at an earlier check in time than agreed! all was good. The B&B is clean, well run and the rooms are spacious and clean. A good nights sleep was had. TV in the room, ensuite bathroom, 2 single beds. All very good

Breakfast in the morning is excellent with a good choice of cooked food, juices and cereals, tea and coffee. For £45 a night a much better and more personal than the "chain" hotels in town or out of town!

So my only slight issue was the manner of the "when to check in" conversation. After all I was visiting someone quite ill in hospital and restricted on when I can get to see them, but having been able to arrive earlier was suitable to all!

Room Tip: Room 5, 2 x singles, ensuite with shower, not facing main road. Very peaceful sleep.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Richard A
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I was met by Denise who was very welcoming, having been shown my room (10) I found it to be very fresh and clean. It contained everything that you would need. I met Roger the following morning at breakfast and was welcomed by him. The breakfast was exellent with multipul choices ( It set you up for the day). I would recomend this bed & breakfast to anyone both for value and location.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Yes indeed, 5 weeks of staying in a B&B, doesn't sound very good does it? I had a short term contract in the nearby Southampton General hospital and had to find a close by accommodation that would be 1. close to the hopsital, 2. had internet access and a decent overall appearance. This place packs it all and then-some. First of all, the owners Denise and Roger are 2 very nice and heart-warming individuals that seem a bit formal initially but once you get to know them a bit they really give you a warm/kind pleasurable stay. 5 weeks....I have to say difficult when it comes to be away from your family for a period longer then 2 weeks but they helped me pass through this to the best of their ability. Good rooms, good food, warm welcome and lets not forget the fact that they trusted me to live in their house for a whole week when they left on holiday which I found to be amazing.
Thank you Denise and Roger. I wish you all the best in life and if I should be in Southampton again I will definitely stay in your guesthouse.

Room Tip: good overall
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business