“Only one night but superb”
Review of Brunswick Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Southampton
Brunswick Lodge
Ranked #24 of 43 Southampton B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 20, 2012

My son and I had to visit (for work) the University Hospital and chose this B&B because of its' close proximity. Before booking I must admit I was concerned to read a negative report on this place but decided to ignore it because there were so many positive reports. I am glad I took no notice of the negative as this place is superb, spotlessly clean, well decorated, well run, with a friendly welcome and chat whilst staying there and, too, a really great breakfast. I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.............and it is a reminder to all that Trip Advisor reports are not always accurate.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Brunswick Lodge

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I came to Southampton with two colleagues for a week to attend Charles Poliquin's PICP-course on strength training held at Winning Health Solutions. I chose Brunswick Lodge online because of it's ideal location, only 5min walk from the gym where our course was held. I'm so glad we decided on Brunswick Lodge, it was an ideal place to stay and I warmly recommend it to anyone visiting Southampton. The B&B is quintessentially English - a wonderful experience for a foreigner altogether.

We were warmly welcomed by the hosts and felt at home immediately, the place is immaculate and really quiet for those who want a good night's sleep. Rooms are really clean and equipped with the most attractive bathrooms. There are also loads of good books and paperbacks to choose from is one is keen on reading.

The breakfast was generous and tasty and tailored to suit our individual tastes. We had full English breakfast every morning and it was to die for. Denise and Roger are warm, lovely people, I was really happy to meet them. I would actually visit Southampton again just to go and stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I had to work for a couple of weeks in the local hospital.
I am really pleased I chose Brunswick lodge to stay.
Really clean , comfortable room. Excellent breakfast - many combinations to choose from ( I would recommend the scrambled eggs) Very reasonable rates as well.
I was thrilled when I met the owners and saw my room.
I would recommend anyone to stay here, I will certainly aim to stay here again if I am ever in Southampton again.
Thanks for a comfortable stay. :)

Room Tip: I would imagine there is not a bad room to choose from
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Chose Brunswick Lodge as it was near tot he hospital where we had an appointment. Really glad we did. Immaculate house and gardens, ample parking, charming and helpful hosts, excellent breakfast. Highly recommendrd.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank pco1
Reviewed August 19, 2012

A great welcome by Denise when we arrived, we have stayed several times before as we have family in Southampton area.

The place is spotlessly clean and there are plenty of books available to read if you need to stay in your room. Breakfast is lovely with plenty of choice, full english or any combination of it, always served on very hot plates, as much toast as you can eat..

Sue and Kevin

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sue2012jory
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I chose Brunswick Lodge by location and price alone (an unplanned trip to the nearby hospital for my wife left me needing somewhere to sleep), but after my experience, I know where I'll be staying should I ever visit Southampton again. Denise was welcoming and friendly, and very accommodating to me at short notice. The room was clean, quiet and tidy, with complimentary tea & biscuits, and had a handy wardrobe and drawers. Breakfast was extensive for a small place run almost exclusively by only by a couple, and Denise always enquired about my wife during my stay...a nice personal touch. Thank you!

Room Tip: My room was en-suite, but I think not all rooms were. I would always pay the small extra fee (and it...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Dave F
Reviewed June 24, 2012

The B&B was easy to find, plenty of (free) on site parking, close to the shops and a two minute walk from a nice park (see Photo). The hosts Roger and Denise were very friendly and welcoming, we were even offered tea on arrival which was a nice touch. The room ( number 4)was lovely and clean, with a nice ensuite and yummy biscuits on the hospitality tray. There was a good selection of books to borrow whilst we were there. The breakfast was delicious, I opted for the full english with poached egg (recommended!). No problems connecting to the wifi. A very pleasant and good value stay, would definitely recommend! Thankyou.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple