“Best Indian I've had in ages”
Review of KALI MIRCHI

KALI MIRCHI
Ranked #57 of 894 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Indian restaurant with exciting dishes cooked by chefs with culinary experience gained in some of India's most prestige 5 star hotel kitchens.
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My boyfriend and I ordered take away from here last week as it's just down the road from us and it was DELICIOUS!

All the food we ordered was delicious, the sauces were so tasty and the meat was succulent. Even the peshawari naan, which I always manage to fault due to pathetic amounts of the scrummy sweet stuff inside, was faultless - there was an abundance of scrummy coconuty/almondy sweet stuff inside and it was delicious. Sort of acted as pudding too!

Great choice, reasonably priced and delivered on time. I'll definitely be ordering from here again.

1  Thank jesscalou

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I went with two friends on a friday evening,two weeks ago.We had reserved by phone.I love Indian food but sometimes I have gone to a few places were its too oily or too strong.In others they put so much fresh coriander that you can only taste that.
This meal at Kali Mirchi was perfect.I had some samosas for starters and chicken tikka masala with rice.The portions were the right size,not too big not too small.One of my friends had a signature dish(Lamb maas,sorry if the spelling is wrong)and that was amazing as well.
The satff is friendly and polite.The deco is very simple and modern.
I would definitely recommend it.

1  Thank valeriacristina
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Went here with three family members for an early dinner on a Sunday night. Good menu selection with many authentic choices not usually found in regular Bengali establishments. The owners are actually from India and they present more of an ethnic selection rather than the English derivatives we are all used to. Would need to go again to try some of the house specials, but all in all a worthy dining experience.

1  Thank dentheprint
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I agree with all the people writing positive things about this restaurant which we visited after a difficult visit to a relative in hospital - it is only 5 minutes away from Southampton General so if you are travelling then it's a great place to revive yourself afterwards! We went with our two girls of 5 and 7 and we all really enjoyed the food. We went by the waiter's recommendations and cannot fault any dish. There were dishes I had no seen before and it all tasted lovely and was presented beautifully. My girls said they felt a bit cold so maybe take warmer clothes than usual if you feel the cold - the aircon was fine for us.
The people of Shirley are very lucky.

1  Thank carolinefromhackney
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Went here about 6 months ago, and can't quite see why it is so highly rated.
The food was ok but not amazing ether, my poppadoms were a bit soggy.
To the point, it's over rated on TA.

overall I'd recommend this restaurant, but first have an explore of the high street, you'll be surprised at the new competition!!