“A few small issues”

Ennios Boutique Hotel
Ranked #4 of 43 Southampton B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The room was pretty well appointed except for the lack of a proper wardrobe and very limited drawer space, Didn't bother us because we only stayed one night but I would hesitate to stay longer. Also the bed was quite small.
The restaurant was good, excellent choice, good service and fair prices. The only criticism we had was that my pork fillet was seriously overcooked and tough but otherwise fine.We had the full english breakfast and it was excellent.
I would recommend over other places I have stayed in Southampton (White Star, Hilton) for an overnighter.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel because of the good trip advisor comments... Boy am I glad I did ... Great clean fab room ,king size bed to die for .. The food in the Italian restaurant downstairs was just amazing !!! The staff made our stay they were funny , friendly and were really attentive !!! If your looking for hotel in Southampton you'd be a fool to let this one slip through .

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Always looking for more of a "boutique" hotel, we decided to try the Ennios for 2 nights prior to our cruise. We were booked into the Venus Room. As mentioned by another reviewer, we thought we were supposed to have a King bed; the bed we were in barely qualified as a Queen.

Room amenities were nice, but you had to be careful after exiting the shower as water would splash all over the floor. Also, if you have any issues climbing narrow, steep stairs, I would suggest finding a hotel that has elevator service.

Service was very good overall. We arrived early (flight from the US) and were welcomed into the hotel before noon. They stored our luggage and carried it up to our room when we returned for checkin.

The Italian Restaurant is probably the key "draw" to this hotel. The food was excellent. Breakfast, included with our room rate, was a very sparse Continental.

Would we return to Ennios? Probably not. But, we also would not stay in Southampton again, unless it was just for one night prior to a departing cruise.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, make sure your room is not at the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 2tsquared
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Booked this hotel through late rooms. Wa planning to stay two nights with my girlfriend after a long hall flight... I slept better on the plane. As I have now read in a previous review the room was was stifling hot, I think due to the towel heater being permanently on. We had to open a window which increased the constant road noise from ferry traffic. The blinds were also fairly ineffective against the glare of the ferry terminals flood lights. The room was clean but so small that we had to climb over our own luggage to reach the bathroom. The bathroom was clean but the bathrobes appeared to be fairly old, stained and moth eaten. The worst aspect though had to be the "king size" bed. The owner was adamant that this was a King size bed, however I am 6ft 1 and my legs dangled over the edge uncomfortably. In the morning we complained and were told there would be a £40 cancellation fee. Eventually we were shown another room which was a lot larger an at the back so I imagine much more quiet. Unfortunately the bed was the same size and there was no way I was going to sleep another night in one of those. In fairness they waived the £40 charge although the manager refused to look me in the eye and was obviously disgruntled. No more boutique hotels for me!

• Stayed: February 2013
4  Thank TenbyWill
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed here for four nights in January. Decent-sized but cozy rooms which seem to have been recently refurbished to a high standard. Great location for walking around Southampton too. Nice Italian restaurant downstairs. Compared to other business/chain hotels, this place is excellent value for money though business travelers should beware there is no room service or laundry service, which is fine on a short stay. Around the hotel are several great bars and restaurants in Oxford Street and the Pig in the Wall just round the corner does a fantastically cozy breakfast and lunch for a change of scenery. All the major attractions and shopping are within a pleasant short stroll. Rooms on the road side have a view towards the water/Red Funnel but a little noisy as the road is busy, hence my lower rating for sleep quality. I was jet-lagged so easily awoken with cars and lorries going past. The rooms on overlooking the street at the back are much quieter. If you are looking for a good quality place to stay in Southampton for a few days, this is a great choice with a superb location.

Room Tip: Pick one of the back rooms for a quieter night's sleep.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Binnion
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Stayed at Ennios Hotel for my company,s Xmas party. We had the superior room that overlooked the ferry terminal. Everything was exceptionally clean and looked superb. I could not find a fault with anything and we will be returning soon!
As for the party, the food and service was outstanding!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This is our third stay at Ennios and it never disappoints. What a treat it is to come stay here, immaculate, tasteful and welcoming surroundings and the food is excellent. Also had the bonus of a Frank Sinatra like croner to accompany our dining experience, he was great. Thanks to Harry and his wonderful team - all such lovely people, well done and thank you for making it always such a memorable experience, you definitely are our favourite place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple