“Excellent Meal”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Southampton
“Excellent Meal”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Enjoyed a delicious meal here. Excellent service from the waitress who was very friendly and made sure we had drinks throughout the meal. Atmosphere was great with the background music adding to this. Portions are huge and in fact could be smaller really to bring the price down a little, but we still managed to eat everything. The 'Carnitas' ,slow cooked pork was just so tasty and tender and others enjoyed the fajitas and red snapper. Churros as one of the desserts was a winner for me too!
We will definitely return- quite a few things on the menu I would like to try!

5 Thank Ibizamad29

Southampton
“Good food very poor service”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

first time to this restaurant and on entry i loved thelayout and decor, the atmosphere was good ( Sat night) and we'd booked a table for 8, went to the bar and ordered drinks, which was reasonably satisfied, i was told " that's your table over there" and we made our way to it, some 20-30minutes later i went to the bar and asked for service, as no one had been to the table at all, a waitress took the order and the starter was delivered quickly, we then waited for 15 minutes after finishing for the table to be cleared and the main to come which again arrived promptly.

During the meal as there was no service at the table we went to the bar 3 times for drinks, on my turn I was told they'd run out of prosecco, only to be corrected by the manageress that this wasn't true and they had some in the cellar!, after a further 15-20 mins i returned to the bar( note they'd not come to me!!) to ask where's the wine? she duly got the bottle out of the fridge and I took it to the table, ( I may get a job as a waiter!!)

At this point I took the manageress to one side and stated my grievance of poor service to which she responded it was possibly down to a new girl!... ( ok Benefit of the doubt!)

The meal was finished and it was lovely, but after some 20 more minutes i approached the barman ( who's service was very good) and said, I've a taxi booked in 20 mins please can i have the bill, well it was like lightening had struck, he couldn't have got there any quicker with blue lights on !!
on leaving the premises i commented to the manageress that it was a lovely restaurant but let down by poor service, she disagreed, said the staff were very good ( note earlier comment) and walked off, i followed and reiterrated my comments which were responded to curtly with " then we won't be seeing you again then!!) as I went to to leave the chef (paul) asked me "what's your problem?" to which i said the food was great but the service was lousy, he further asked me " what's your job? as if that makes a difference to the service one recieves. He commented that all activity in the restaurant is covered by CCTV and that he'd monitored the evening... I trust by this he'll respond and show the service to be different??.......

worth a visit if you don't mind the wait!......... turn over in ££'s could be increased by 30% if service was improve to normal restaurant standard.

so my final comment, good restaurant with good food very poor table service!!

1 Thank The_Plumber
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Mexican food??? Where???”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

If this is mexican food then I never want to go to mexico! The food was tastless & wasn't anything like it said it was on the menu....never again, sorry!

Visited October 2012
4 Thank johnburrows1975
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Not the average UK Mexican restaurant”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Warm, welcoming ambience. Food full of intense flavours and not just the usual fare either. We're going to have to go back just to try some of the other dishes which we haven't seen before. Cocktails properly made, not just premix stuff. Our mojitos and margharitas were therefore hugely better than those served these days by certain restaurant chains. Background music (not a live night) not too loud and staff helpful.

3 Thank SunseekerKD
Eastleigh, United Kingdom
“Quite Nice”
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

I'd previously read the trip advisor reviews so was a little reluctant about eating here.
We turned up ready for our table at 8. We were informed this wasn't ready and to have drinks at the bar...this was fine but it took a while to get served. My friend asked for a margarita but was told cocktails weren't served until 9.30 which was surprising as there was a table outside who had 6 of the same. We settled for a beer instead.
Once the food came out..omg. Amazing!! The food certainly made up for the service. It was delicious. Two friends had red snapper- amazing! My enchiladas were perfect!
I was pleasantly surprised! I will be comin back but hope the service improves a little :s

3 Thank Bev W