TripAdvisor

Review of German Doner Kebab

German Doner Kebab
Order Online
Ranked #16 of 112 Quick Bites in Southampton
Description: Our company was established in Germany over 30 years ago and has built up to more than 45 branches worldwide, all selling high quality Doner Kebabs. We serve 100% lean succulent meat in handmade breads with fresh crisp salad and a choice of our three signature sauces. German Doner Kebab. Kebabs done right.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A very good place to eat and the best Kebab I had so far. The meat is excellent, I like it well done and crispy, especially the beef. The prices are quite low for the service and the options they offer. Premium drinks and fast service, plus lots of smiles from the ladies serving. Clean place with the option to serve your food on the terrace, with really good view.
Looking forward to coming back.

Date of visit: June 2019
GermanDonerKebab, Guest Relations Manager at German Doner Kebab, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello 882catalinp,

Thank you very much for deciding to leave us the review of your experience of German Doner Kebab in Southampton.

We are absolutely thrilled that you enjoyed such an amazing experience in our restaurant and also enjoyed some of our delicious food!

We look forward to welcoming you back in again for more soon.

Write a reviewReviews (51)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is already my 5th time visiting this place. Every single time I’ve been amazed by how comfortable the atmosphere is, what a good service and food I find here. I usually come after work or with my friends and the staff is really patient with my requests (no salad, just garlic and spicy sauce).
I like the window seating and noticed that every time I come in the place is kept clean and tidy. You can also see how the food is prepared in front of your eyes. My favourite is the Original Kebab and Lahmacun Doner. I’m really pleased this place opened in Southampton.

Date of visit: September 2019

Hello 874marcud,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us your review of German Doner Kebab in Southampton.

We are absolutely delighted that you have now visited our restaurant at least 5 times and always enjoyed such a wonderful experience in our restaurant and enjoyed some delicious food too!

We look forward to having you back in again for more very soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Was really looking forward to this after seeing the pics. We made an online order of veggie kebab, classic doner kebab and doner roll. All meals had extremely small amounts of actual kebab and were filled up with red cabbage. It was quite ridiculous. The photos attached are of the doner kebab after first bite had been taken and the roll opened up before anyone had eaten from it. Now am sat here still hungry waiting for more food.

Date of visit: September 2019

Hello LelaG80,

First of all let us just start by saying many thanks for taking the time to leave our Southampton branch of German Doner Kebab a review.

Secondly, we would like to apologise on behalf of the branch as this is absolutely not the standard we would aim to have at GDK.

We have been in touch with the branch to make them aware of this issue and to ensure it does not happen again!
Please feel free to head to our website www.germandonerkebab.com/contact & fill out a contact form if you wish to provide us with more details.

Reviewed August 22, 2019 via mobile

Ordered £30 of food for my office and subsequent delivery was wrong. Contacted this company to discuss and did not recieve any assistance at all. Was simply told tby the manager to refer to ubereats even though the items ordered and the items delivered did not match and the service from ubereats was good. Will never order from this company again as they clearly do not care about the final satisfaction of their clients. Very disappointing.

Date of visit: August 2019
GermanDonerKebab, Guest Relations Manager at German Doner Kebab, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2019

Hello M2740VFjasonw,

Secondly, we would like to apologise on behalf of the branch and our delivery service provider, as this is absolutely not the standard we would aim to have at GDK.

We have been in touch with the branch to make them aware of this issue and to ensure that this situation has been taken care of to ensure it does not happen again!

We would very much like to make it up to you if you'll allow us, so could you please email 'feedback@germandonerkebab.com' and we can take it from there?

Please include your name and include a direct link to your original review.

We look forward to hearing from you and hopefully resolving this situation soon.

Reviewed August 8, 2019 via mobile

We love this place and always go or take out or even deliver...and it’s clean and fresh and awesome.

I encountered a misunderstanding of argument with a staff member who was quite aggressive to be honest...they are horrible at picking the phone up I had to call for a span of 10 minutes for someone to answer. But anyway I wanted her name and genuinely wanted to say thank you as despite her aggression managed to rectify the situation.

But oh well..still refused to give me her name for some reason

But food is great!

Date of visit: August 2019
GermanDonerKebab, Guest Relations Manager at German Doner Kebab, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2019

Hi hkadwan,

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review for German Doner Kebab Southampton branch!

We are really sorry to hear about this, thank you for bringing this to our attention, we will look into this with the branch directly so this gets sorted.

We hope you order from us again soon for your next kebab fix!