“Just ok...”
Review of Jewel In The Crown - CLOSED

Jewel In The Crown
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Southamptons Leading Indian Restaurant offering the widest range of indian dishes complimented with a wide range of spirits, wines and beers. Restaurant is fitted out to a exceptional standard and is fully air conditioned boasting a excellent atmosphere.
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We decided to go to J.I.T.C because we had heard very good things from other reviews and people who had been there in the past. Perhaps it was wrong to go with such high expectations because they weren't met.
The staff were friendly, the restaraunt and food well presented and decent sized portions. As far as the taste goes it didn't wow us as we were hoping. It was a pleasant experience in a pleasant environment but for the prices charged for food and drink we were expecting a lot more. We may go and try here again as they may have just been having a bad night. We still have our fingers crossed.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

I used to work in Southampton and stumbled on The Jewel In The Crown by accident. The food was so good that I have had 6 birthday meals there over the last 11 years and everybody I have ever taken there has been back with their own friends.
Amazing service, great natural food, nice new decor and the owner (Cash) is a real gentleman.

You really will not be disappointed.

6  Thank BellsOfHythe
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Working in Southampton 10th July on business I decided to eat out at the end of the day before returning to my hotel.
I walked down Shirley High Street looking at various eating establishments and The Jewel In the Crown looked the most impressive and stood out from all the other places I walked by.

Once inside the inside lived up to the appearance from the outside. I was escorted to a nice secluded area which I have to say was very nice as a women alone eating out I like my own private space.
The menu was extensive, the quality of food was excellent and very good value for the price.
I found the staff very attentive but not over bearing they left you alone to eat in peace.
I would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting the area and will return myself should I be sent back to Southampton.

6  Thank Susan N
Reviewed April 13, 2012

The negative reviews are puzzling and the exact opposite of what i experienced recently,( April 2012). From the very first moment we walked into the restaurant we were made to feel extremely welcome. The service and attitude of the staff was first class and they all provided a very friendly and fast service.

The most important aspect for me is of course the food, this was exceptional. I would go as far as saying that this was the best indian food i have ever experienced in my 40 years. Do not hesitate to eat here, it is a wonderful experience. Book a table here with complete confidence.

6  Thank Matt T
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Got a takeaway here saturday night.the meat in the lamb madras was so tough it was inedible like strips of shoe leather. i wonder if the takeaway standards are inferior to the restaurant.put me off indian takaways for a long time.

1  Thank stejen_11