“Best sushi in southampton”

Old Town Malaysian and Sushi Takeaway
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
“Best sushi in southampton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Been going here for years. Buy the sushi selection boxes, you won't find any better in Southampton. Staff are all really friendly, it's a great little gem

• Visited July 2013

“Bad customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Been visiting the place several times before. Today it was really really bad. Ordered pork noodles for me and duck noodles for my wife. In both the noodles were burned. Mine should cone with pork. Found almost no pork, askedthe guy where is it? h sait the chunks are very small and aee under the noodles. This was not the case ! There was no pork. I have decided to eat all the noodles and leave the whole pork just to show the guy how wrong he was. you can find on the attached photo how much pork I have been provided with. There was a TripAdvisor 5star award on the wall. I have mentioned about it but he was not impressed. I prommised him to leave negative feedback about my todays experience. He still was not impresed. The conclusion is that I have ordered pork with noodles and received a plastic bowl full of noodles with just few tiny pieces of pork. I gave the guy who was serving me 2 opportunities to fix it. He didnt use it, hence my feedback.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank lunafly4
“Absolutely Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have been going this place for years now and has never ever let me down. The food just absolutely amazing expecially the lunch boxes, incredible and value for money.

everytime I go there with mates we always sit upstairs and we get treated really well and friendly. They even know what I want everytime I come in.

It's just perfect for anytime from lunch or dinner, maybe just even for a snack

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank AceRosales
“Always Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

We have used this gem of a takeaway Sushi restaurant since it opened. Always the freshest and best. The Malaysian owners work hard to provide great authentic food, from the Sushi to numerous curry and noodle dishes. Southampton is lucky to have this great little place. We always sit in the shop front on the stools, people watching the busy East Street, and watching Bill prepare his great Sushi, Excellent, Katie & Rob.

• Visited May 2013
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Great takeaway, sushi is outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

We've had takeaways from Old Town for a while now and keep coming back. I wouldn't say the main meals are outstanding, although the fact that they are Malaysian, instead of classic Chinese dishes that we usually go for, does offer some variety and we are always keen to try new things. The reason we keep returning to this little place is the sushi. Having tried bigger companies like Yo Sushi/Wagamama, Old Town beats them on both price and quality. Our favourite is the Old Town Katsu roll, which is like no sushi I've tried before. We've always had good service from Old Town. You have to order online and they phone you to confirm your order before they deliver (usually under an hour on weekends, sometimes within 30mins if they're not crazy busy).
I haven't eaten in the shop as it's quite tiny inside and doesn't look ideal for atmosphere etc, but the ordering system online is really great and we get fast deliveries every time.
I have already recommended this place to family/friends and would recommend to anyone who likes lots of different types of sushi!!

• Visited May 2013